New guy

Joe Hard

I would like to say hello to everyone on this board and to wish every one a Merry Christmas. I cant wait to get involved and share what I know and learn what I dont.

I was sitting in the parking lot at Bio Sciences at the U of A

waiting for my wife to come down from her lab when the first gust hit.

I had to zip out and tie the car down or it would have been airborne.

Seriously, in about 5 minutes several big trees lost major branches

I thought I was going to get a serious dint in the new Subaru.

It's going to get Real Cold tonight I bet.

Edited by dave robinson

Ya it was insane! It was so nice this morning, and then at noon it started hailing and what not. Not the best day to be out fishing. Hope you didn't get hit too hard scratch.

Erm - it was... interesting.

I was on my way to the outflow when it hit - like a brick.

Driving along - 8 degrees - blue sky, and then I saw this MOTHER black cloud... I said to my self - "If it was August - I'd be shitting my pants"... then WHAM - I cross 2 lanes to the left, dodging a highway milemarker sign flying off the posts from the side of the road.

I hid in the townsite of Wabamun for about 20 minutes, then headed back to town, doing a muir stop on the way.

Arrgh... no pike....

Hey Joe, welcome a-board. Great site here with a lot of friendly fly-people. The folks here also like to share so if you can make it this far west to do some fly-fishing, chances are good you can find someone here to show you around the streams.

Guys, I missed that whole storm thing as I slept 'til 5pm. Scratch, I'm glad I didn't wake up early to go watch a cloud :lol:

Cheers :cheers:

Hey Joe, welcome a-board. Great site here with a lot of friendly fly-people. The folks here also like to share so if you can make it this far west to do some fly-fishing, chances are good you can find someone here to show you around the streams.

Guys, I missed that whole storm thing as I slept 'til 5pm. Scratch, I'm glad I didn't wake up early to go watch a cloud :lol:

Cheers :cheers:

Thanks Doc