Gold Bar Cubs And Scouts Fly Tying

woolly

1. I'll need a total of 3 helpers on Tuesday the 24 Feb. to teach Cubs and Scouts some really basic entomology and Fly tying.

2. The event is at 6115 Fulton Road. This location is different from last year.

3. They would like us to start at about 6:30. They have promissed coffee and treats

Woolly (Dave M) :fish_jump:

Thankyou To Dan Tulic, Dave Robinson and Paul Fitt for the help tonight. We win again 24 Cubs and Scouts hooked (no pun intended) on fly tying.

Well done ents.

:thumbup::cheers: Next round is on me

Dave

Dave

I really enjoyed the event last night. The cubs and scouts were a terrific bunch.

Always a treat to help out.

Nice new pattern to tie as well. Nice switch up.

A big thanks to Dave for putting everything together and also for Dan and Dave for helping out as well.

Thanks to Superfly for once again supplying the goods needed for these events.

Paul

Thanks to Superfly for once again supplying the goods needed for these events.

What kind of tools or materials are required for these types of events? I may be able to offer some bulk tools or materials. How many vices does the club have for such things? I may be able to help out there as well as I have some very cheap vises that may be ideal for this kind of thing.

I do not know what the club has but it would be nice to help out if I can in that regard.

The tools and materials for Kid's Tying at these types of events and the Shows is generously supplied by Superfly. They have these complete with tools, hooks and materials. The club has a number of vises, 4 of which are at the club now. We require 4 sets of scissors, bobbins, hackle pliers and Materelli Whip Finishers to complete these sets. With the limited storage space at the club only a small amount of materials is required.

:fish_jump:

Thanks for support.

The tools and materials for Kid's Tying at these types of events and the Shows is generously supplied by Superfly. They have these complete with tools, hooks and materials. The club has a number of vises, 4 of which are at the club now. We require 4 sets of scissors, bobbins, hackle pliers and Materelli Whip Finishers to complete these sets. With the limited storage space at the club only a small amount of materials is required.

:fish_jump:

Thanks for support.

Hackle pliers I can help you with :rolleyes: , Whip finishers I have many of the Thompson type and others but no Materelli ones :angry: . I have many clamp pliers that don't lock as well.

:coffeetime:

We were supplied by Superfly to complete our Cub/Scout tying session. 8 to 10 kids at once and the session went very well.

The boys loved the experience and they are excited to do it again next year.

Woolly :thumbup: