Pike On The Fly

Doc

If anyone is interested, I was thinking of hitting Wab for Pike on the fly before the Flies & Beer on Monday June 07th. If you are interested, post here and let's set something up. :)

Dennis, although I haven't fished topwater for Pike out of Wab in the early summer as of yet, I have at Jackfish lake and found that sunrise to about 11am or 6pm - dark on flat water (windless days) are the best for Pike on the Fly. They seem to go deeper as the day goes on but cruise the shallows in the mornings and evenings. Not sure about sub surface in early summer as far as afternoons go at Wab as I've never fished at this time for them. As far as June 07th, I'd have to go early as I gotta be at the bar by 6:30pm :cheers: . I'd prob want to get out myself at around 5 or 6am but what ever time people want to show is no prob, I'll stay 'til about 11 o'clock or noon.

All are welcome and don't forget to bring your cameras. Bring both poppers and streamers as well, you never know what they'll be hitting. Other tools to remember...

Jaw Spreaders (A Must!)

Long Needle Nose Pliers (A Must!)

Barbless Flies

Slow Sinking Line or split shot (most of the water you'll fish is only 6-8ft deep)

Floating line (in case the poppers are going off or you use split shot)

Hope to see some folks out and if you could let everyone at the next meeting know about the Flies 'N' Beer :cheers: as well as the Pike trip, that would be great :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey RB, sorry it took so long to respond, I had that stupid Sasser virus and could only use my work comp. :curse: All cleared up now though. :D

Anyway, I'm gonna get to Wab between 5:30 and 6:30am. I'll fish 'till about noon or so. I'll launch from the dock at the town of Wabamun unless it to windy then I'll launch from the warm water discharge at the powerplant. Hope to see you and some others there. :)

Change of plans guys. The wind is way to strong :boat: for Wabamun, it would be suicide in a tube so I'm gonna hit Jackfish Lake instead. There is a bay right beside the launch that we can fish in relative safety. :fishing: Hope you can join me.