New user here, is this a free of charge forum??

Morph1

Hello all, new user here..... :)

Well I have been in recent days a quite frequent user of ffa.com forum, unfortunately the forum had been shut down due to lack of desired fees that had been imposed on users by the founder of the forum. I myself could not afford to pay $40 dollars in yearly fees as well as many others.

I am happy to be able to take a part in this forum and I am hoping this one will remain free of charge. :clap:

Cheers everyone and have a great day ! :cheers:

Hello all, new user here..... :)

Well I have been in recent days a quite frequent user of ffa.com forum, unfortunately the forum had been shut down due to lack of desired fees that had been imposed on users by the founder of the forum. I myself could not afford to pay $40 dollars in yearly fees as well as many others.

I am happy to be able to take a part in this forum and I am hoping this one will remain free of charge. :clap:

Cheers everyone and have a great day ! :cheers:

Welcome aboard.

I too was a member of the FFAB forum, though I hadn't visited it until two weeks ago (I take the winter's off of flyfishing) and actually didn't know about the registration fee. That being said, I don't think I would have paid for the privilege of BS'ing about fishing. I saw it more as a social gathering. The administrator obviously saw it as more (a springboard to a magazine that would piggyback off his business). It was a good board while it lasted.

In my best Tangina voice. "All are welcome... go to the light children." :happybd:

--

From POLTERGEIST

Dr.Lesh - Theres a wonderful light, as bright as the sun, but it doesnt hurt to look into it. All the answers to all the questions you ever wanted to know are in that light and when you walk to it, you become a part of it forever. Some people die but they dont know they have passed. They resist going to that light, however hard the light wants them. They just hang around, watch TV, watch their friends grow up, and feeling unhappy and jealous. Those feelings are bad, and they hurt, and then some people just get lost on the way to the light and they need someone to GUIDE them to it.

I obviously wasn't paying attention over the winter, but did this come up all of a sudden?

Sent a friend in Vancouver an email that FFAB closed. This was his reply.

"That's sad. It seems like just yesterday that I received the email announcement of the new Tributaries magazine project they'd put together and was remarking how promising it looked... oh yeah, it was yesterday. How time flies."

Happy to be here.

"That's sad. It seems like just yesterday that I received the email announcement of the new Tributaries magazine project they'd put together and was remarking how promising it looked... oh yeah, it was yesterday. How time flies."

Hyup, how I learned about it also myself (see my post below on FACA earlier today).

http://flyangler.ca/forum/index.php?showtopic=2758

I guess "it's a good thing" that the NLFTF just spent $300 on it's IPB forum upgrade here last week, as it now seems there may be more folks wading in since their "electronic stream" closed. Yup, this board is FREE and provided as a FREE service by the members of the NLFT&F for the public to enjoy. The admins and moderators all volunteer their time and talents here to help keep things running smoothly. We hope it stays that way too. ;)

Hey Morph1 - Good to see you...

Anything we can do to accomodate - just let us know.

/Scratch

Hey thank you guys, this looks like a pretty cool cyber stream,

I can't believe I haven't found this forum before, I just hope it will remain free LOL :rolleyes:

I bet half of the users from ffa will show up at the door, well I better get back to work now.

Thanks again,

:cheers: lol I don't have to type cheers no more :laugh:

I can't believe I haven't found this forum before, I just hope it will remain free LOL :rolleyes:

I bet half of the users from ffa will show up at the door, well I better get back to work now.

Uhm... yah know... on second thought... IF you really want to send us money... The Forum Admin team (FAT) will be happy to take it. :) We can always use new ff'ing toys. Jest Kidding.

Nope, the site is 100% free of SPAM and ads, just 100% postie goodness -- a service provided by our guiding Club Charter (here on Page 4, Section C - http://nlft.org/ClubCharter.pdf). You should check out the main website page here as well @ http://nlft.org from time to time -- (Or Click on 'Visit Northern Lights Fly Tyers and Fishers' button at the top left corner of the forum.)

NLFT&F Club Membership is only $20 a year... so if you feel the need to contribute $$... we're worthy... consider getting a membership then... although... again... not required. The club puts on a lot of great educational events, teaches kids tying, and promotes the hobby of Fly Tying and Fly Fishing.

Our club motto here is dedicated to...

"PROVIDING A FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE FOR THE NOVICE AND EXPERT TO LEARN AND SHARE THE FLY TYING AND FISHING EXPERIENCE"

So, pull up a log.. have a sit around the fire.

Yeah, M-K... back to work now.

::coffee:::coffeetime:

Morph;

Just like rats and the sinking ship. I've been over here for a little while now and have enjoyed it. Although they won't let you swear or speak ill of women here.

Etiquette and whatnot.

Fireworks ? Perfectly legal (See the 2007 Klave thread....)

P.S. - Just took the boat out for a few last night. Here's the URL(s) :

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/jo.../CIMG0010-1.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/jo...eb/CIMG0009.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/jo...eb/CIMG0015.jpg

Fireworks ? Perfectly legal (See the 2007 Klave thread....)

Yes, discussion of fireworks and scotch are all fair game... nay... mandatory. Uhm, F*VE AL*VE and Scotch mixed... Nay.. Nay we say.

Nice pics BTW!

Lance and Scratch has said it all I can not impove on it much except bring on the Scotch and Five Alive :coffeetime::vdaylove:

Great to have you new guys. Hope to hear from you and see you some time at one of our Wed night meetings

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :fish_jump:

NLFT&F

I was very sorry to see the FFAB go dark. I had just gotten the invitation to subscribe when they put a fork in it. I have a feeling there is more to this story. Alot of guys spent alot of time in making this first issue,(which looked awsome) only to kill it after a week or so of sales, that doesn't add up. Don't get me wrong I think if they aren't getting the support they need then they need to look somewhere else. I think the rest of this story will unfold on a magazine rack near you. It is a perfect senario, they have all our emails for marketing, and contact with a ton of advertisers.

I think a lot of people miss Headwaters, and really have no interest in reading about bass fishing in Ontario. The proofs is in the fact that most of us buy Barrys guide every year. It isn't for the new undiscovered creek. Its for the story on leeches or the one on the creek that we thought no one else knew about.

It is just a guess or maybe a hope. I think it would great to have a western slant mag put together with the quality and look of the online mag. Even if they only came out over the winter just to calm the nerves. The photos and stories could be from the pervious season.

They were so close all they needed was paper.... (and $$) but I think there are people out there smart enough to see the potential and say "hey you guys what about......"

Again just my two bits but I did notice the link to the mag is back up... thank you for that.

Uhm... yah know... on second thought... IF you really want to send us money... The Forum Admin team (FAT) will be happy to take it. :) We can always use new ff'ing toys. Jest Kidding.

Nope, the site is 100% free of SPAM and ads, just 100% postie goodness -- a service provided by our guiding Club Charter (here on Page 4, Section C - http://nlft.org/ClubCharter.pdf). You should check out the main website page here as well @ http://nlft.org from time to time -- (Or Click on 'Visit Northern Lights Fly Tyers and Fishers' button at the top left corner of the forum.)

NLFT&F Club Membership is only $20 a year... so if you feel the need to contribute $$... we're worthy... consider getting a membership then... although... again... not required. The club puts on a lot of great educational events, teaches kids tying, and promotes the hobby of Fly Tying and Fly Fishing.

Our club motto here is dedicated to...

"PROVIDING A FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE FOR THE NOVICE AND EXPERT TO LEARN AND SHARE THE FLY TYING AND FISHING EXPERIENCE"

So, pull up a log.. have a sit around the fire.

Yeah, M-K... back to work now.

::coffee:::coffeetime:

Oh and I am also a former FFA board member, it was a good site and I hope this one will be good for flyfishing in the Edmonton area and thereabouts.

Oh and I am also a former FFA board member, it was a good site and I hope this one will be good for flyfishing in the Edmonton area and thereabouts.

As the club is based in Edmonton, and last time I checked... it was still the Capital of Alberta.... I think you'll find lotsa info about surrounding waters... and exotic trips abroad... say to the Red Deer abound here. Then, there's our man Terry way down under whom is living in the lap of luxury on the banks of the Crowsnest River.... waiting for him to start up the "Southern Lights Chapter" someday.

If you are ever up in Edmonton come on out to an NLFTF meeting. We hookup every Wednesday... it's also free to just show-up... although... the $20 club membership has it's advantages in local flyshops. Easily paid for itself on my first visit to the flyshop in January.

More here: http://nlft.org/about.php

K... enough of my Public Service Announcements (PSA's)... for all of the FFA Refuges fer now.. I gotta get back to surfing the Internet this fine Friday afternoon.

Welcome aboard!