Buster wants to fish

flyfish

Any Scratch, Dell or Ranger takers for Stauffer this weekend. I gots a permit to fish... bloody WIN card cost $8 bucks.

Any reports of long wintered lartagic weary big german browns under cutbanks or in shallow pools.....any reports from Stauffer

post-25-1112772278_thumb.jpg

Heard that its running high :eek: as lots of field runoff. It said it would be a week or 2 before fishable :thumbup: mind you that was last week some time. :clap:

Hope this helps

I can understand the Shack nasties are really running rampet right now. :devil::curse::devil:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :fishing::fish_jump:

NLFT&F

Heard that its running high :eek: as lots of field runoff. It said it would be a week or 2 before fishable :thumbup: mind you that was last week some time. :clap:

Hope this helps

I can understand the Shack nasties are really running rampet right now. :devil::curse::devil:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :fishing::fish_jump:

NLFT&F

Heard that its running  high  :eek: as lots of field runoff. It said it would be a week or 2 before fishable  :thumbup: mind you that was last week some time.  :clap:

Hope this helps

I can understand the Shack nasties are really running rampet right now. :devil:  :curse:  :devil:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :fishing:  :fish_jump:

NLFT&F

Thanks for the update Dennis, looks like the weather will hold at higher than normal temps, sunday is slated for 12 or so degrees, I believe all the snow is gone, don't know about flows, havn't talk to the keeper - Don Anderson. You will hear if its not, hoping to go Sunday, pack the jam sandwich Mike will send you some private e-mail, looking at the third bridge? As for hatches midges, and maybe a few sparadic drakes - hoping, maybe a woolybugger or two!!!

post-25-1112875304_thumb.jpg

Alot of folks are asking if this was from Sunday and it is. The creek is high but fishable, water temps close to freezing, but fish was on the move later in the afternoon, all the fish was feeding at the botton. Very tough fishing as difficult as this creek gets. It was New Zealand style fishing where we had to stalk fish at the tailout of many pools. It was Mike's turn to fish this perticular stretch and he did well hooking about a 17" sending two other large fish about the same seize out of the undercut. I guess we were in a wintering hole. These fish were a bright salmon red, rally nice colours. It's a pretty thrilling site to see a large fish comming towards you in about 12" of water, they are fast. Creek should get better if we don't get large amounts of rain. Hope to head down tomorrow....

Roy.....

post-25-1113245188_thumb.jpg

All your favourite patterns will work, a basic selection of nymps, wet, emergers and dries works well, thread very lightly these german brown are very smart, well educated and spook very easily. Will put the word out when I head down there next.....

post-25-1113504760_thumb.jpg