&^%@/? daylight saving time

Terry H

Got up early this morning, took my coffee downstairs to watch and tape Sport Fishing on the Fly. Leaving no room for error, I was in front of the TV at 5 to 7am ready for the 7:30 show. Yah, you guessed it -- I saw the last 2 minutes :( . Forgot to set the clocks ahead even though I new it was happening this weekend -- :curse::curse: aarrrrggggh!!!!

If anyone was smart enough to get up at the right time and taped the show, let me know, I'd sure love to borrow the tape :) .

Terry

They were fishing for two days and were rained out the 2nd day. There was a mayfly hatch and stonefly hatch.

They actually didn't catch that many fish (at least that they showed the cameras). :(

I set the vcr to tape the show, but alas, forgot to adjust the clock on the vcr before bed so instead of taping SFOTF, I taped 'It is Written'. :blink:

Do you want me to lend it to you ? :D

Terry - Looked at the tape last night & I guess we were the same as everyone else. Changed the time on the VCR but didn't hit the SET, so needless to say, didn't grab the right show. Were watching the show but didn't notice the VCR. So sorry - You will have to send out your SOS again to see if someone did get the right program. Why can't they just leave the time alone already...!!!!! :curse:

I'm getting my brother in Calgary to tape all the episodes for me with his fancy DVD recorder (dont ask me how it works but it does!). I hope to head down there this weekend so if I do I'll get him to burn me an extra copy for you. It will have all the episodes run so far this season on it just in case you missed any other ones.

I would empathize Terry - but I've STILL never managed to catch an episode.  :(

Scratch,

Neither had I until seeing one shown that the "Fly Fusion" booth at the Outdoor sale - Chan DVDs (S&L). Most impressive actually.. we should look to order these for the club library.

http://sfotf.com/main/Web_Store.3.0.html

Posted Image

Fly Fishing Still Waters -Shrimp & Leeches

This DVD/Video is the second in the “Fly Fishing Still Waters” Series of DVD/Videos produced by “Sport Fishing On The Fly”. Brian Chan and Don Freschi review, in depth, everything you need to know to be a successful and competent Shrimp & Leech fisherman. You will learn the Shrimp and Leech life cycles, how to fish different line setups and how to tie two Shrimp and two Leech patterns. This 55 minute DVD/Video is a must have for all fly fishermen looking to improve their skills on Still Waters.

Posted Image

Fly Fishing Still Waters –Chironomid Techniques

This DVD/Video is the first in the “Fly Fishing Still Waters” Series of DVD/Videos produced by “Sport Fishing On The Fly”. Your hosts for the DVD/Video are Brian Chan and Don Freschi. Brian is a senior fisheries biologist in British Columbia, Canada and has been fly fishing for over 30 years. Don is the producer/co-host of the popular TV Show “Sport Fishing On The Fly”, which has been in syndication since 1995 with over 120 episodes aired. Don has also been fly fishing for over 25 years.

Join Brian and Don as they show you everything you need to know to be a successful and competent Chironomid fisherman. You will learn the life cycle of the Chironomid, how to fish different line setups and how to tie four special Chironomid patterns. This 75 minute DVD/Video is a must have for all fly fishermen looking to improve their skills on Still Waters.

I will take down the info on these and give to Peter to get for the club. Its about time we started getting some new stuff in.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :fishing::fish_jump:

NLFT&F

We can always hold a special 50/50 draw a few nights of the month dedicated to raising funds for the library. ;)

But.. I thought the Prez was already rolling around in loot at nights. Perhaps at the next meeting we should get a financial statement to see where we are at prior to upcoming fundraisers/auctions.

When are all those happening BTW? Might be time to post something in the forums.