CFL flies

Inconnu

Since I am once again a legitimate member I thought I would post this here as well. I am working on a raffle project for Lynda McLennan and Casting for Life. The project consists of a custom made flybox (being made as I type) that was donated by a fellow in Ontario and 6 dozen Alberta themed flies. I have got most of it put together thanks to some tyers from southern Alberta, one from Holland and a few here in Edmonton that have offered through copperfly.com. I am only putting this out here because you have a link to CFL otherwise I know the club has enough to do, raising money for Muir and other projects, which I hope to be included in. If anyone has anything they were planning on sending to CFL anyway, I can package it up with this project, but I will have to get the card that goes with it, to you, so that you can sign it. This won't be a big problem, I am just making sure that all contributors are recognized for their work.

Thanks folks, hopefully I am not sticking my nose where it shouldn't be...Kerry :fishing:

It is not a request for a donation as such, I just figured that if someone was tying them for CFL I could ship them with the main body of flies or if someone was moved to participate in the project, they could but I am not asking anyone to tie extra flies or to donate to the project as I said there seems to be enough activity to keep everyone busy as it is. As for Albertans, well I have flies from Holland and Ontario that are going out as well. The CFL is based here in Alberta and as well as the site I work through and Copperfly.com is Albertan. I do not wish to inconvenience anyone and only posted here because you have a link to CFL. The theme of the raffle box is Alberta patterns. I have had responses from places other than Alberta to whom I have sent a list of possible patterns, which has made my job alot easier. At any rate, I have no wish to inconvenience anyone and only posted here because of the link on this site and the link to NLFT on CFL's site. :fishing:

The club is not 'affiliated' with CFL, though I have personnally sent a note to their volunteer coordinator offering my time.

I linked to them for a few reasons, one of which being that I strongly support their cause, and all the links they can get will help from a googled perspective.

As is - if you need any assistance with your project - please feel free to ask here - and hopefully you'll get the assistance you need to complete the project!

Cheers Kerry - good on you for supporting them!

Give our best to Linda next time you chat. (I think Jim has popped by - and I'm sure he's lurking out there somewhere...)

/Scratch

I hate asking for donations. So I am not sure how I find myself doing this stuff, except that I strongly support their cause....then again I support kids programs, but most of that is volunteer work, so I don't have to ask, I just do it.

I did their last raffle box myself, though I picked up a wooden flybox myself, from e-bay.

So okay, if you have a pattern, that you like to use here in Alberta, if you wouldn't mind donating 1/2 dozen of them to this raffle box, please drop me a line pittfam@telus.net . All donators will be able to sign a card, one for the winner, one for the folks at CFL. Thanks Scratch.....Kerry :boat:

• 2 weeks later...

Wally I received the flies you sent for CFL! They are awesome! What is the wing material you used? It would be great to see a step by step if there isn't already one! Thanks again for the contribution.....Kerry