May 4-7 fishing trip North Saskatchewan River

Michael Dell

Hello all. A few years back we enjoyed a few days on the North Saskatchewan above Abraham Lake west of Nordegg. The Friday was awesome, fish were caught. Saturday the snow came, we ventured out and enjoyed another great day, even with the 4 inches of white stuff. We stayed at the Nordegg Hi Hostel. It is a great facility, kitchen with all utensils are provided, just need to bring your own food. As for sleeping, they had shared rooms. No need to bring sleeping bags, they provided everything. We had 2 rooms, we had a lady join us and the guys tried not to snore more than her, so all was good!!! I am talking names , so if you would like to join us , contact Dan Tulik or Dick with outside programs.

• 1 month later...

The Hi hostel Nordegg has been booked for May 4-7, we have 3 rooms booked with 5 fly fishers per room. Rooms are full, cost per person per night is $30.00. 
It should be a fun time, there could well be other people staying at the lodge . No need to bring bedding they provide . Just your fishing gear and food, beverage of choice, but please be discreet. 
ps. I have paid out of pocket, so if you could reimburse me sooner than later would appreciate.
Thank you 

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Dan and all, 

Confirmed the Friday off with my boss, I will be heading down as well.  Bill had suggested I should just sleep in my truck...ha ha..little too cold for me.  I managed to book a bed in another dorm room at the Hostel.  For anyone still looking into it, there are still beds left for $120 all in for the weekend and you can cancel with no penalty 2 days out from the reservation dates.

Jeff W

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the affected flyfisher is doing OK.

Dan, if no one comes forward for the opening, I can cancel my individual reservation and if you are at the Hall on Wed I can provide payment then, or in Nordegg Thursday.

Jeff

Paul is doing better and waiting for some procedures. He is sending his regrets and won’t make the trip.

Seeing Paul cannot make it Jeff you can take his bed. I may still be moving last minute items to our new home, so most likely will not make the meeting and packing for the trip.

As for arrival to Hi hostel, Sue will not be there after 11:00, I hope to be there earlier to check in and assign rooms. I am hoping this warm weather will not colour up the rivers too much.