Countdown to Muir - May 1, 2006

Doc

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ranger has found his own kind of madness! :o  Nice meeting you yesterday! :fishing:

Ditto... and Scratch got the pin, and a Crayfish to boot.

Double...

AAAAAAAAAAIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AAAAAAAAAAIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Just 10 more days to cure my madness.

The county of Parkland has placed Muir Lake on the endangered list of protected water bodies, solely for the protection of others. Anyone caught in and around this endangered site on Sunday will be prosecuted to the extent of the water and trout law. Many have lost love ones in the past who had fallen from a little know addiction still under study - troutfever…this little know affliction will be extensively tested by a well know scientist on Sunday. One of the know Symptoms are an enraged specimen running in rage waving a long stick moaning the Martian expression cronomid. Please be advised… scientific reserch may take weeks to collect usable data.

Update - Looks like I said 6 am down below, it is starting to look like a 9.

Muir Lake Ground Zero,

Ok it is not until Sunday, but I did volunteer to open the gate Sunday morning. I planned to get there about 5am but since it will probably be -10 out there at that time of the day, I probably won't make it until 6. The thermometer will pass the freezing mark by 11am and I doubt I could last in the boat for that long; but I am not going to go out there without wetting a line.

Should be fun, I will wear my mitts.

Cheers,

Tim

...Ill be there in the morning, but not to fish...just to take a few pictures...family matters came up, which take priority at this time...enjoy your time on the water on Sunday...I'll be out there Monday night though for sure...be sure to post some pics...

RJL2

Thanks for the picture - a cold reminder but a great one for sure. I can tell you for sure that I won't be joing RangerBob and the group for the moonlight madness tonight...though I did consider it.

I just checked the forcast for tomorrow and a high of 4 and sun is called for which is o k and if there's no wind then it could be a great day. So my plan is to wake up in the morning - have a boo outside and decide if I'm going to be there early ( by 9:30) or a bit later in the day ( about 11:30) when it starts getting above freezing. So to answer your question...yes I plan to go ..float tube and gear is on the ready and food is packed.

If Monday is a good day then I plan to leave the house about 5 and be fishing about 6 pm. I think Paul is planning to be there Monday night.

How about you Rick - what are your plans for tomorrow?

Vince