Sportsman Show

Paulf

...a big thanks goes out for all the volunteers who helped make this outing the success it was. As you can see by the pictures, fun was had by all. Thanks to Superfly for donating the materials and tools.

Looking forward to the outdoor show.

If anyone else has taken pictures, would sure like to see them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the B&S Show a few years back and from what I can remember, it was >90% boat/rv dealers, some camping stuff, some guiding/fly in fishing lodges and 2 fishing equipment exhibitors (Fishing Centre) and some other company selling designer spoons.

Was it much the same ? :unsure:

The way I remebered it was from 2002 show was alot of great stuff, such as the pistol draw and the minnow races(I didn't see either this year)

This year: BOAT'S, Boat city baby, it was not all thats sportsman in there(with a few exceptions)... And if I am overating it, feel free to tell me and I'll edit my post

But I also got to meet Barry White for the first time, He was rather busy, so I only talked to him for about a minute, and chances are he would have no bloody clue who I was if we were to meet again, but It gave me a chance to see how much a guide would cost on the bow river.

The way I remebered it was from 2002 show was alot of great stuff, such as the pistol draw and the minnow races(I didn't see either this year)

This year: BOAT'S, Boat city baby, it was not all thats sportsman in there(with a few exceptions)... And if I am overating it, feel free to tell me and I'll edit my post

But I also got to meet Barry White for the first time, He was rather busy, so I only talked to him for about a minute, and chances are he would have no bloody clue who I was if we were to meet again, but It gave me a chance to see how much a guide would cost on the bow river.

Ian and Pierre, Ive been going for about the last 5 years sort of a father son tradition. Every year they get more boats and less outdoor sports. This year was probably the worst. Ian you're correct it was boat city and the only real fishing exhibitor was the Fishing Center. I remember a few years back when Westwinds? out of calgary was there advertising flyfishing stuff. And I remember when both the Fishing hole and the Fishing center were there. Ian Barry's a good guy and he seems to have pretty good rates, never been with him on the river however.

• 7 months later...