Wabamun

vince

Hey RangerBob

One has to do some catching before one sends photo's - if no catching then it's just casting practice and come to think of it that's not such a bad thing to do anyway.

GPS co-ordinates to follow (LOL)- you one funny guy.

Vince

Hi Guys

Just back from Calgary. A flyfisher is considered a hero due to putting down his fly rod and saving the life of a old gentleman walking across the ice and falling into the open water. He got the man out and stayed with him until the Calgary fire department got there to complete the rescue. Sad follow-up, while they were getting this man off the ice they spotted another body floating in the open water but before they could get to him he was swept under the ice. They reported that he probably will not be found until break-up. So anyone wading the Bow in the near future keep your eyes open.

As to Sunday no problem. Give me a call Vince.

Rick

Paul, Dan & Rick

Sorry to hear about the older gent Rick - very sad.

I'll give each of you a call on Saturday late morning. We should fix a time to meet at Tim's in Spruce Grove (as Paul suggested). Looking forward to a great day on Sunday guys.

Paul, have you heard from George?

Vince

Guys... looks like some want to go around 11:00 am and some around 9:00am...

so we'll split the difference and meet at Tim Hortons in Spruce Grove at 9:30 am.

Bring along some big ole critters, waders if you want, wont be needing though.

See you tomorrow at 9:30am. :thumbup: for some pike :fishing:

RangerBob & Scratch

Sure was windy city today. Had a great day fishing for Mr.Pike with Paul, Rick, Dan & Joe. The gate leading to the area you told us about was locked up and no way of getting through. We crossed the tracks to see if there was another way in but she was pretty well fenced up as far as the eye could see. So we headed over to the Sundance area. I don't think it's as productive an area but was fun fishing with the guys.

I caught one Pike about 24 or so inches ( actually I think it was closer to 36 inches but who's counting) and was caught on a fly I tied up the night before. Rick was the only other who caught one and I think it was about the same size as mine. I've got a picture of Rick's but I have to first load up the program before I can send it along -sorry Rick.

The day was alot of fun - some of us caught fish and others had casting practice :fishing:

Gale force winds or not I'd do it again in a heart beat - good fishing with good people.

Vince

RangerBob

Ya that looks like the spot we wanted to get at but could not find a way in. Next meeting I think might be a good time for you and Scratch to fill us in - ya know it's the right thing to do and was that a GPS I saw on the dashboard. The jigs up (no pun intended) lets have those GPS numbers boys.

Looks like you guys had a great day - how was the fishing

Vince

YO, LUCKY MY MAN :P Well Vinney's not a Virgin anymore :o:rolleyes::D He caught his first Pike on his Virgin fly. ;) And he passed on his luck to Rick whom used Vinney's Virgin and also rocked a pikes world . :rolleyes:B) We got da prooooof :eek: The rest of us just tagged along for the ride <_ :lol: . it was a nother great day of casting practise. oh scratch howd yu du dat on that side src="http://nlft.org/forum/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> you bring cutters?????? Chow now

How'd we get there?

You know the green fence (locked) on the main road between the train tracks and the outflow bridge?

Jump it. Follow the fenceline - till ya hit the water, and the pike hit you. :)

Then, for more fun - you could go here...

post-22-1110180870_thumb.jpg

RangerBob & Scratch

It was, for me ,a total Virgin kind of day. Yesterday the following were de-virginized:

1.My new fishing shirt that I got for Christmas - works great

2. My new 9 weight rod - great - loved it

3. My new 9 weight reel and line

4. My new Pentex 33wr - love it - though with not many guys catching fish the number of pictures taken was limited. I know for sure in the future it will get a real workout.

Now, I've caught lots of pike before but never on a fly rod and never on a fly I tyed myself. So, all in all a great de-virginized day. Umm felt good.

Now about that fence - we did drive up to it but found it best, based on all of the signage around, not to jump the fence. My luck, the cops would come, we'd getting arested and our pictures in the papers or worse yet our pants would get caught on the fence and damage a very important part or two. I'll leave the fence jumping to you young guys.

Looking forward to getting some sound advice this Wed. night on GPS units. As you know I do like the Lowrance H2O but I am willing to keep an open mind on the benefits of the Garmin.

Talk soon guys

Great Creel report Scratch, v e r y i n t e r e s t i n g indeady, could be a very useful tool B):eek:

I'm actually in the process of coding an online creel tool for anyone to use... it's a few months off - but I hope it will be of real use. In the meantime - I'll be logging trips on my page :)