Re: Wader Repair by Greg and Jeff on Feb 9th

Scratch

Umm - there might have been some miscommunication on this....

Jeff and I offered to show the Loon UV products - and I had suggested that I may be able to show some tying demo's with it - but I certainly wasn't aware of the timing.

As for the 'everything you wanted to know about wader repair..." ummm... if anyone knows it - can you teach me?

Will have to touch base at the club on wednesday if I'm in town. I had another death in the family and may not make it for the Feb 2nd meeting...

Scratch:

Sorry for the added scope :beating:

All I got for info was "wader repair" so I presumed.... :blink:

Not to worry though.

Go ahead with the loon product demo,

including whart it does for leaky waders, :boat:

and then have an open discussion on wader leaks and repair.

I'm sure eveyone will pitch in.

Might even be more informative than a straight presentaion. :clap:

Dave & Scratch

I think a combined effort by the group is a good call. With so many different types of waders out there and different recommended methods for repair a group discussion would be great. I know I went through hell with mine ( ah not really but even a small leak is a bummer ) but now have them in good working order- for now anyway.

Scratch - sorry to hear about the death in the family.

Vince

Vince, thanks for your sympathies. This was a long time coming - but no easier.

For the demo next wednesday - here's what I think I can pull together.

Intro

Intro to the products, and a short demo of the goop

Using the material on neoprene waders

Using the material on lightweight waders

Using the material as a fly tying material

The Gel Backswimmer

The GelPoxy Clouser

So - hopefully that will do the trick. No promises - I'm a first timer.

Scratch, if you want a real life example of a successful repair, I can drag in my breathables, which were patched with UV Loon wader repair goop. Terry

Hope this doesn't end up as a double post. My first attempt spun off into cyberspace, never to be seen again.

Although I've not done this yet (though I plan to before spring), i've read on other boards that you can turn them outside-in and fill 'em with water to find the holes. <_< This will probably work, but then you have to empty the water, turn the waders inside-out, and locate the marked hole with your finger, then apply the sealant (sounds good in theory).

I've tried going to the darkest room in my home (basement) at night and shoving a trouble light into the inside of the waders, and it lights up any holes. The trouble is it shows too many (if that's possible). I'm sure it shows holes that water cannot penetrate. So my neoprenes ended up looking like a child suffering from Chicken Pox. :blink:

doh !1 :curse:

Scratch

I think you've put together a good list of things to go through tonight - I'm looking forward to it - as repairing waders is always of interest.

and Pierre

I found that filling the waders with water is the way to go - the flashlight in a dark room just did not work for me. Anyway, I'm sure we'll go through it all tonight and hear how others have done repairs.

Vince

No waders tonight Vince

Tonight's agenda is our white bearded friend Les Campbell

demonstrating Bull Trout flies.

Given last year's action, he may have a shorter beard when he's done.

Waders is next week.

DR

Hey all.

Just returned from a 2 week road stint - and brought home a pretty little patch of pneumonia in my left lung. I will not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow night - and thus will have to reschedule.

As it is - I run the risk of actually coughing up said lung - so I'm getting some Dr. Prescribed bedrest.

I am desperately hoping however that I can get healthy enough come the weekend to hit some water. Quite frankly - theres little medicine that would do as much for me right now....

Sorry all -

Greg

Greg,

Sorry to hear you are ill. I hope you get well soon.

If Jeff doesn't mind sharing the stage I could talk a little about wader repair. I've got a few hints and tips. And some frustrations. I could bring all my old waders and show what I've done, what I've tried, and what didn't work.

Michael

Greg you just look after yourself :thumbup: . Unfortunatly you need those lungs. So don't be coming to the club and coughing up that lung. :barf: Beside if you did Dave would want to use it as the mystery material :ph34r: for the Iron Fly Tyer. :eek::devil:

Just get better as Dave says we will wing it. Thats one of the great things about this club. :clap::thumbup::clap:

Tight Line Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

NLFT&F