48 cm

Joe Hard

:angry: Spent the day with a shovel, we got hit prety hard. the driveway is now clear, and Im going to watch the Canadian Juniors win another hockey game :lol: . My freinds son plays on the Kentville Canadians, house leauge hockey. He is 11 and scored his first goal today. We play in the driveway, I tend nets and make it hard for him to score, it has payed off. By the way I'm 41 and it doesnt take long for me to be worn out. I like it though :kicks:

:angry: Spent the day with a shovel, we got hit prety hard. the driveway is now clear, and Im going to watch the Canadian Juniors win another hockey game :lol: . My freinds son plays on the Kentville Canadians, house leauge hockey. He is 11 and scored his first goal today. We play in the driveway, I tend nets and make it hard for him to score, it has payed off. By the way I'm 41 and it doesnt take long for me to be worn out. I like it though :kicks:

Sat on the ice all day with Scratch - balmy +2C out here.. no need to break out the heaters. I'll let him post the adventures we had later. Great fun, and a nice re-introduction to the "enjoyable" <_< sport of hardwater fly-fishing.

See my sig.. nobody was killed.

Edited by RangerBob

Star Lake - Stauffer North.

This lake just pisses me off. No fish in it. Gotta correct Barry Mitchell for next years guide.

The 2 I saw swimming past my lures were merely figments of my imagination.

The Muskrat however - that was just creepy (see here: http://www.scratchley.org/temp/IMG_4341.JPG ) Came right up through one of the holes - first in another fishers tent - then in the open water. I got to about 2 feet before he split.

Creepy little beast. Claws and teeth.

The bells on my ice rod did ring though - nothing on the end of the line but a 6ft fisherman. Butt-munches.

:)

8 hours - 1 tap, 1 swim-by.

Arrgh.

Edited by RangerBob

RB and Scratch better luck next time. However, you should have listened to my warning. I hate to be an "I told you so" but "I told you so."

RB have you ice fished star before, my Dad and I go a couple times of year and it gets slower and slower every year I don't know whats going on so we've fished it less.

At least the weather was definately warmer today than yesterday. Seriously though I don't know whats happened to this lake. 3-4 yrs ago I would easily catch 10 trout between 9 and 2:30. Now I've gone so many times without a bite that I have just given up. Maybe it needs to be restocked or receive more fish in the stocking process? Any comments?

TF

An older guy setup only 50 yds away from us in about 10 feet of water landed two nice ones, up to 4.5 lbs. He said he caught an 11 pounder the week before, and I have no reason to doubt him.

I think in all there were only about 4 fish caught that day by other anglers. They are there, but you really got work for them.

Edited by RangerBob

An older guy setup only 50 yds away from us in about 10 feet of water landed two nice ones, up to 4.5 lbs. He said he caught an 11 pounder the week before, and I have no reason to doubt him.

I think in all there were only about 4 fish caught that day by other anglers. They are there, but you really got work for them.

Cool, I'm glad you guys are catching.It was -9 cel. here yesterday and only a few miles away it was +5 cel. We are going to check the ice today. The River I fish is tidal and will not freeze and can be fished all year any time with out a licence as it is considered "Salt water". Part of the river anyway, ther are Browns and Rainbows, in this part. The River Has a population of Speckled but I have never caught one through this section.

It looks like it is going to be a nice day so I think Im going to the river armed with a couple of streamers, and a box full of nymphs. :fish_jump:

By the way What were you using? I have been working on a "Jigging Type Fly" I have not tested it but hpoe to soon. I'll let you know how it works.