AEP Webinars

kemo99

Alberta Environment and Park is hosting a series of fisheries webinars in January.

Just thought I’d give you a heads-up in case you’re interested. Please feel free to forward this email to any of your club members, or post the link below to you club website to get the word out.

You may have received an email inviting you already; however I thought I’d give you a heads-up regardless.

Topics covered in this engagement will include:

• how recreational management objectives and sportfishing regulations are established,
  • an update on recreational harvest slot limits,
  • options to enhance the Special Harvest License program, and
  • updates on native trout recovery. 

Dates, times, and webinar registration can be found at the following link:

https://www.alberta.ca/2021-22-sportfishing-regulations-engagement.aspx

All webinars will take place from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

January 18 – Introduction to Fisheries Management

January 19 – Harvest Slot Sizes

January 20 – Special Harvest Licenses

January 21 – Native Trout Program Update

January 25 – Proposed Regulation Changes for Central and Southern Alberta

January 26 – Proposed Regulation Changes for Northwest Alberta

January 27 – Proposed Regulation Changes for Northeast Alberta

All webinars will include a question and answer period.

Together, these public webinars will provide background information that will help inform the feedback Albertans provide on the 2021-22 Sportfishing Regulation survey, which will be available online on January 15.

I am interested...but AEP makes it difficult....WHY do I have to register for a webinar?  For EACH webinar?

Why do I have to register for each of their surveys?

So....if a person does not want to register...then I assume the background information will NOT be made available to the public???

Their quote "In January 2020, we collected feedback on Alberta fisheries management to help improve recreational fishing opportunities across the province. That feedback contributed to the 2020 Alberta Sportfishing Regulations, which came into effect on April 1, 2020.

Somehow...I don't believe that. Typically, it would have already been gazetted by then.

Sadly, I have to admit that I did NOT participate in any of their surveys in the past where registration was required.