Fly Lines

fishlover

I enjoy the zoom talk by Ruben Breitkreutz  last night.   My two cents on fly lines that there are so many tapers and "features"  to choose from that you have to cast the line with your rod to know if it's what you really want.  I believe you can no longer use the line weight on your rod and match it to the weight on a fly line and end up with combo that you will be happy casting.  

9 hours ago, fishlover said:

I enjoy the zoom talk by Ruben Breitkreutz  last night.   My two cents on fly lines that there are so many tapers and "features"  to choose from that you have to cast the line with your rod to know if it's what you really want.  I believe you can no longer use the line weight on your rod and match it to the weight on a fly line and end up with combo that you will be happy casting.  

I do agree with you to some degree....but...as a fly fisher of over 40 years...don't over complicate things.

Often...the "features" are nothing but marketing hype to get $ out of your pocket and into someone else's.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...