Brian Chan & Phil Rowely Seminar

Doc

One Night Only! This Monday October 18th!

Posted Image

The final Flies 'N' Beer of 2004 will take place on Monday October 18th at Santannas (17930-Stony Plain Road).

As a finale, a tying seminar by stillwater expert Phil Rowley will take place at 7pm.

Posted Image

Phil is the new Rep. for Superfly and along with Brian Chan, has relesed a new signature line of tying materials called Stllwater Solutions. Phil is also a member of the Outcast Boats and Bare pro sports team and is assosiated with many other companies including Sage, 3M Scientific Anglers, Islander Reels, Mustad, Scotty products and much, much more.

This seminar is a licencensed event meaning alcohol will be avaialable (hence the name Flies 'N' Beer) and everyone who attends must be over the age of 18.

There will be no charge for this event but we will be accepting donations to power the aerators out at Muir lake this winter. Also everyone that shows up will be entered into a draw for an autographed copy of Phil's book "Fly Patterns for Stillwater". Both his book and DVD will be available for purchase at the seminar.

Posted ImagePosted Image

For a full Bio of Phil you can click here...

Phil Rowley Bio

To check out Phil's web site you can click here...

Fly Crafy Angling

For any questions or comments please post here under Flies 'N' Beer.

Cheers!

Edited by Doc

• 4 weeks later...

Guys beleive it or not I've never been to a tying presentation before so I have nothing to compare last nights presentation too. I thought it went over very well though and I want to thank all of you that attended. The weather was just dreadfull and I'm actually surprised we had the turnout we did. A big thanks to Phil for putting on a great presentation and to Ranger Bob as well for supplying me with his equipment and his support.

I hope everyone enjoyed it and I also hope that we get continued support in the future so that we can continue Flies 'N' Beer in 2005. For those of you involved in Trout Unlimited, I'll see you the third Monday of every month but it may be a while before I see anyone else again as making the Tuesday night meetings are very difficult for me. So I'll just say happy tying and tight lines. :peace:

Cheers :cheers:

Doc

Edited by Doc

Doc great night Thanks again. As Terry said lots of info given not sure if the brain drank it all in.

If last night is any indication the Jan 22 & 23 seminar with Phil & Brian will be Awsome.

Again thanks to Doc & Phil and Lance with the Equipment

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S.

NLFT&F

Last night's seminar was very good, to put it bluntly. Phil presented his patterns with a sort of nonchalent attitude as can be credited to his many years of experience. Having lived in BC for a period of time and knowing about Phil's experience, I can attest that last night's meeting was very informative, and lends to more anticipation of the upcoming Chan and Rowley session. If you missed last nights presentation, you definately missed out on more then just a few patterns. The tips Phil gave in 10 min. was worth the price of admission (if there was one). Ask myself, Scratch, or RB and we definately applaud Phil's skills as a tyer and as a presenter. The three of us could not shut up about the simpleness of his patterns, but with the accuracy and pure showmanship of his patterns. Not only did Phil give tips on tying but in what situations to use the pattern and how to fish it as well. Myself, who is constantly reading up on the flyfishing and flytying world, and finding new materials and methods all the time, it was definately a treat to see some of those actually used in patterns ie) the Magic tool. I would look to send a thanks out to Phil if I may and to Doc, NLFT, and RB for aiding in the presentation (and the mighty fine hot wings that ended up all over my face). Phil made this little snow fall seem that much less of a horror as now I can sit at the bench with new techniques and patterns running through my head.

Cheers,

TF

I'm just glad everyone enjoyed themselves :drinked: and the presentation went over smoothly. You know I've talked in front of thousands of people at a time without thinking twice about it but last night I was actually nervous. It's a little different speaking to your peers about something you are passionate about then it is trying to hype up a bunch of people you've never met. So another thank you for not heckling me while I was up there :cheers: and thanks for all the kind words from everyone about last night.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Great shots RB. Thanks for posting. Looks like you guys did an awsome job at putting on the presentation. Phil said that he was impressed at the turn out as well. I'm soory now I wasn't there, but I will make an effort to be at the Rowley-Chan weekend.

:beer:

Hope to start getting stuff out in the very near future. The room holds 112 we need to see at least 60 full 2day tickets at $50. Then we would have the raffles to put us over the top. Thats what we sold the Jack Dennis tickets at.

Will keep you posted.

Tight Lines always

Dennis S.

NLFT&F

• 5 weeks later...

The Northern Lights Fly Tyers & Fishers & Trouts Unlimited are proud to annouce that Brian Chan and Phil Rowley will be In Edm. Jan 22nd & 23rd. at the main campus Grant MacEwan (107st & 104Ave)Edm. 9am to 5pm. each day. They will be talking on all aspects of fly fishing lakes and choronimid fishing & tying. Cost $50. for both days $35. for one day ticket sold at door only. Tickets sold at all Fishin Holes & the Fishing Centre. If out of town and can not get into town please email me at( dsouthwick@shaw.ca) and we can make arrangements.

Come on out meet Brain & Phil and have a Great Time.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S.

NLFT&F

• 1 month later...