2018 Don Andersen Bamboo Rod Raffle

Michael Dell

As Peter mentioned in Don's thread about the 2019 rod design, we have the 2018 bamboo rod for raffle. Tickets will be available at club meetings and events, and also from members of NLFT.

The 2018 rod is Don's "Original" taper. 7'9" 5 weight, 2 piece, with 2 tips. The reel seat fittings and ferrules are Duro Bronze. The guides are Hopkins & Holloway guides in a gold colour (not actual gold metal, because they would wear out fast because gold is too soft).

Don has made around 50 of these "original' taper rods in his rod making career. They are a good all-rounder rod for fishing all types of streams. They can handle anything from a heavy Stonefly nymph to a delicate dry fly. I know because I have one in this taper, and it is the rod I use for most of my stream fishing.

Thanks to Don Andersen for donating this rod in support of NLFT's conservation projects. Find out more information about Don's bamboo rods at his website:

http://www.bamboorods.ca/

20171115_152812.jpg

20171115_152603.jpg

20171115_152829.jpg

Tickets on this year's Don Andersen bamboo rod raffle are now available at club meetings: 1 for $5 or 5 for $20. The draw will be held at Trout Unlimited's 2018 Edmonton Water Conservation Dinner and Auction: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort, 300 East Lapotac Blvd, Enoch, AB