Casting Call

TroutFodder

Hello Everyone,

I have decided to finally move forward with one of my fly fishing film ideas. The film concept will be an exploration of how different generations approach fly fishing, their relationship with the sport, and how it influences their lives. It will be a short film destined for one of the fly fishing film festivals (assuming its good enough). Of course I will need to film/interview several people from different age groups to pull it off. That’s where you come in.

I am looking for a few people who are passionate about fly fishing ranging in age from early teens to mid 40’s (I already have a couple of older people confirmed for the project). This could be individuals, couples, or father/mother & son/daughter combinations. You don’t need to be an awesome fly angler – just someone who loves the sport.

Filming will take place in September. I have specifically set aside the 22nd to the 25th for a trip to the North Ram River where hopefully everyone involved will camp together (using a mostly every person for themselves approach). The whole thing will be very low-key - just a group of friends out for a relaxing fly fishing weekend. We would likely split up into smaller groups and rotate partners over the weekend. Everyone just heads out for a day of fishing like they normally would. I would film most of the action and do a few interviews on the river and/or back in camp. Then all of the footage gets woven together around the narrative. A good example of the general mood and feel I hope to convey in the film can be seen in the fly fishing film A Deliberate Life ().

Not everyone needs to be there for that entire weekend. And if someone can’t make it for that weekend at all I may be able to squeeze in additional filming on the weekend of the 17th & 18th at the North Ram, or possibly (last resort) October 1st & 2nd at a different location. In the end I would like to keep the group small (4-6 people).

Keep in mind that while I do have some experience, I am far from a professional film maker. The whole project is being done just for the fun of it. There are no sponsors. There is no budget. There is no cool swag for the cast. And everyone will need to cover their own camping expenses.

If you are interested, or know someone who may be interested in participating, e-mail me at troutfodder@gmail.com

Cheers,

Rob Hinchliffe