Favorite Fly Shop

pacres

I was in Calgary this weekend, and had the oppertunitty to visit Bow River Troutfitters.

What a great shop, with a very full stock of materials. I found a few colors of thread I never knew existed in Uni, and a bunch of other materials and hooks.

I must say this is now my favorite fly shop, and makes the inventory of the local shops look dismal. (No wonder I order online most of the time). If you can, check it out.

By the way, what is your favorite shop?

I agree the shops in Calgary totally blow away anything we have up here. All the shops are pretty good but my favorite shop for tying stuff is Fish Tales because they always seem to bring in all the cool new stuff you can't find anywhere else. They are really friendly too.

I've also been really impressed with Country Pleasures lately. They have alot of Enrico Puglisi and Shane Stalcup materials that nobody else has. :(I miss Denny's. :(

Ya it was a bit expensive, but not too bad. I didn't have a ton of time, so I didn't get a chance to check out the other 2 shops.

I'll be back in Calgary in a couple weeks, so I'll make a point of checking out fish tales and country pleasures.

Whenever I pass through Calgary, I do the McLeod trail thing. I hitt Fishtales, Country Pleasures, and Russell's. If I have time, I head east and stop in at West Winds on Fairmount Dr. They're all great shops, and each has it's own thing to offer. However, as far as selection of fly tying stuff is concerned, I'm with Pacres -- Bow River Troutfitters has it all. I spend a lot of time down in the Pass (hence trips through Calgary) and I agree that the Crowsnest Angler is a gem. Alas, :( if only we had something in Edmonton even close to any of the above. We were spoiled with Denny's. Terry

I must agree Fish Tales is a good shop. Never been but have done some on line stuff with them and they bend over to do what they can for you. Last yr I order the Loomis Backpack I had tried here in Edm but they couldn't or couldn't get it here before Christmas I called Dave at Fish Tales 3days before Xmas and he had it here before Xmas day. Thats Service.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S.

Denny's was the best! :D

I was so sad when it was decided to close it. I concidered having my wife run it, but with 2 new kids the time factor just didn't work, Maybe it will se a resurection one day. :(

I was so spoiled, I never had to tie my own flies, The shop had every pattern that I ever needed. Oh well at least now I have to learn to tie my own.

(RIP) Denny's :(