Fisheries Reseach License

kemo99

Great pictures John glad you guys did so well. Not a rise where I was.

Did manage 1 RMWF and had a Grayling on but had long arm release with him.(It)

Mybe I will have better luck next time out.

Glad we had so many out on this outing.

Did you guys get rain. It poured on us From the waders up soaked

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

As you can see in the the photo of Dan landing one, Paul mentioned that we caught, measured, sampled and tagged in the rain again. Our experience was that the more it rained the better the fishing. I was wondering if they were going after flies on the surface that were hit by the rain. At least the flies that I tie would be a good imitation of a fly that was washed out by the rain... but they worked. I was the only one that brought a rain jacket. Most likely the reason I was wading looking for risers and went down in water above my knees. You're right Denis, Dismal water in the waders is damn cold.... To save face, I told the boys that I was just checking the water temperature first hand since we were also on a scientific rmission this time. When one goes down that rain jacket and waders sure helps to keep that cold water in for a while. Good thing it was a pleasant day and the hike back warmed me up and dried me out. Sure could have used a rusty nail, which I made up for when I got home. You're right, It was a good turn out and a bonus that Ken's group and ours got into some grayling. Ken was also catching Rockies but we never caught any in our group, mostly using dries. Paul did a little nymphing with his secret fly and was successful cathcing grayliing. Next time we will have to take Vince and he can nymph for us and confirm if there are any rockies there or not.

Regards,

John

I'm glad we weren't the only ones that got wet. Yes Dismal is one dame cold river. Interesting regarding the rising more when it was raining. Will have to remember that for the next time it's raining out there. I am going to try and get out that way again this week. See how things go.

I am really please to hear that lots were caught. How was the fishing above the log jam It sounds like the best was below.

Thank you for the report John. Yes we will have to get Vince out with his only Nymph to see if there are any more whites in there.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S