Kermit Joins Nlft

Peter

Sorry, but I'm one that thinks our t-shirts should be clean looking and low key. Having said that, whatever the membership votes for is fine by me as I am but one member. If the membership wants to put a jack bum saying or logo type on the back, so be it....I just won't buy one.

I must have missed the meeting where the rule that......Nothing new and exciting happens at NLFT got voted in. I don't see how a large, non NLFT or T U logo type on the back of our t-shirts makes our club exciting. What makes our club exciting are interesting fly tying demo's, interesting speakers giving us info on conservation and fly fishing news.

Those are my thoughts and any continuation of this subject should happen at our meetings where all members can be heard.

Vince

I will side with Vince on the point of to each his own.. I will likely not buy one either way. I prefer the fishing shirts. I wear them over the fancy t's I already own.

Besides; I don't think I would like the fact that mine would say "caution, watch for falling fisherman".....;)

May be we should join the ranks of major manufactures like SIMM's and others with a very attractive yet small 3" emblem or logo. It seems to work for them, and as informed the quality of our Tee's are very good, which is a selling point. It's been my experience that a small very bright, distracting logo gets a second look, if adverstising we are after. Vince, agreed with your statemant and personal view, lets keep it low key, artsy and have a very good deep colour selection. We are already being bombarded by the blaring camouflaged Duck Dynasty hysterior, with those make no sence sayings... but we do live in beautiful Alberta.. "that's right Jack...

Hope the membership comes to a great decision,

Cheers Roy..

Hahaha. Roy yer awesome..

You where so busy tying your "max 3 material" fish catching flies that you missed the whole "t shirt" discussion and vote. Hell, I was standing right there and somehow missed most of it..

The membership decided to go with the modest and tasteful status quo...;)

I too prefer a simple logo - no words - might encourage people to ask what it stands for and open up a discussion about the club. Vince made a telling point at the meeting when he pointed out that the generation to which most members belong tends to favour a modest, low key approach. However, part of the reason I started the topic was to generate some new flyfishing related sayings to liven up the printed program for our dinner/auction next fall, so keep 'em coming!

Peter