Sunday On Shunda

DennisS

Well finally got out and did some fishing with Rick and Vince. We had one heck of a time. Great fun and great country to fish in and even though not a lot of fish caught it was enjoyable. We decide to give the Shunda a try. Very nice small stream so I got to use my 1wt. My first cast to a rising fish with a size 18 CFF parachute bango fish on. He put up a very nice scrap. When I got him to the net it turned out to be a very nice 12in Brown and the colors were so bright the pink spots were big and bright pink. It was a gorgous little Brown. There was a spattering of rises but the fish were getting really fussie. We fished the spot for several hr. Vince manage 3 small Brookies, my brown and for some reason Rick couldn't buy a fish.

I had not fish this section before and was amazed on how nice the steam looked. Some very interesting looking water. We went back to the vehicle had a bit to eat and decide to go and try a section we had fished last yr.

Again very nice water but more suited to brookies. I was fishing a huge pool and was chucking my rendistion of a EZ Hopper when this Brookie came completely out of the water and hammer the hopper. Again fish on. Thank god Vince was there so he got a picture of this one again this was about a 12in Brookie beauitful colors. It was big for this water. Vince went up stream and Rick came down and was fishing the tailout end of the pool. We got to witeness a egg laying event of stoneflies. Not sure what they were but they did look much like goldens. As the day moved on more stoneflies showed up and pretty soon the fish started to get more active. Again Rick couldn't buy a fish (Notice a trend here) I even gave him one of my hoppers. We both had lots of takes but had a hard time getting the hook set. I used a Yellow ez hopper along with a black one & tan one. They all seem to work for me but not Rick(again notice a trend here) Vince came back and informed us that he had caught 4or5 more Brookies a couple in the 10in range and some real small ones also. It was pushing 4:30 and we had a long drive ahead of us.

So it was a beautiful day and great fishing buddies and fish were caught by most of us. Right Rick.

Graphite rod 2 12in + fish. Cane rods a bunch of tidlers.

Rick & Vince as always thanks for a great day. Looking forward to or next outing

Tight lines always

Dennis S

• Like 1

As Dennis stated, a great time was had on Shunda yesterday. Pretty little stream with pretty little fish. Big fish of the day went to Dennis who caught a pretty foot long Brown and a few good sized Brookies. I managed a near foot long Brookie and quite a few smaller ones. Rick had a tough day so we'll leave it at that. One thing I did learn is that I'm getting a bit on the old side for these 3 1/2 hours drives times 2....got to find a few good streams that are much closer.

The only picture I managed to take was this one of Dennis with his big Brookie.

A good day was had....thanks to Dennis and Rick

Vince

post-81-0-43203400-1377545734_thumb.jpg

Michael Dell and I fished the eastern slopes near Nordeg for grayling. We had a great day of +31C weather and did manage to catch one fish each. I guess thats why it is called fishing not catching. It was a wonderful day of wading crystal clear streams thanks to Michael. I hooked and landed my first ever Cutty and Michael snapped the hero shot.

As I said a great day Oh by the way Neoprenes were not good for +31 now have some breathables

post-143-0-82577000-1377805265_thumb.jpg

You certainly don't need waders of any kind in this heat. Dry Pants are a great thing, dry underwear are even better. Yes they make them out of the same material. No waders for me from July 1 to the first week of September most years on our local Alberta watersheds. Unless I will be deep wading most of the day, somethings can only stay wet for so long :trout_punch: . Wading Boots, Neoprene socks and dry pants. Besides I am in and out of the water all day. Half dry and have wet….lol.

31c is wetting wading weather. Way to go on your first Cutty Dave. Pretty fishies they are.

Tight lines always

Dennis S

I remember being out Grayling fishing with you last year on a warm day. You wore waders…haha.

Dave

Way to go....your first cutty. Sounds like you and Michael had a great day of fishing. Do we have a name of the stream or is it nameless?

Glad to hear you now have a pair of breathables...in my opinion they are the only way to go. No matter how hot the day I always wear my waist high breathables....makes me feel good wearing them. I'm not against wet wading and one day if it's real hot I may give it a go.....I'm just not that fussy on critters making their way up quick dry pants.

Vince