Cm Pattern

SnoWolf

:dito: Ya Jim I have been looking for the Canadian Midge pattern :bow: also. I Heard it was really deadly on BowBrowns, I've only seen one such CM.

Problem being that hatch leaves pretty quick, here today San Jaun tomorrow type thing.

They are very impressive to see them in their migration flights. :eek:

If you find it be sure to let me know. Thats one pattern that I wouldn't Dennisize that for sure.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Jim

Some time ago I had the pattern listing along with a good dozen scattered in one of my boxes. About a month ago I had a look at the box because I intended to tye a few but I had a few chores to do so I put the box away. I few days later I got the box back out and noticed something strange....all of the flies were in the box but for some strange reason they were lined up in a perfect V formation...strange for sure. Just when I was about to take a fly out to use as a sample I got called for dinner so I left the box ontop of my desk. Finished dinner, went back to my desk and you won't believe this.....they were gone. I figure they were right in the middle of their migration and just took off. Long storey short.....I would like to have helped you out but now I can't. The brownbows will just have to wait. Sorry.

Vince

• Like 1

Vince that's too bad about your CM's But you know when it's time, it's time and nothing stops that Migration thing with those Canadian Midges. San Jaun is a long flight speacally since they only have a matter of days to get there and do their thing. Then get back here to do the nesting thing and all.

I along with Jim are really hoping that there is some one out there that has a recipt for the CM

I just might have to wing it and give it a try myself. I know the hook is hard to come by. I think maybe Temco might make it. If I remember correctly it is a new model V333 size 12 VX3 dry fly. I heard rummor that may Partridge might take up the design as they are really into some of the odd hooks.

One might have to keep his eyes open on Ebay for these.

Maybe will have to take the design to Tak and see if he could build me a custom CM hook.

As you say Vince those Brownbows just might have to wait until next year.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laugh:

Well peoples I finally got my shipment of CM hooks in and I can start tying these CM patterns. :clapping::monkey: I just hope it's not to late. :cry: I am going to slip out and see if I can get some pictures of their migration flight, :eek: if they all haven't left yet. They could be anywhere between here and San Jaun already.

Now I must admit this is going to be stab in the dark on these as I have only seen one of these patterns. So I am only tying by memory and frankly that night it wasn't at it's best. I hope to have a few done up for Wed night. See what happens

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Ya Dan you could be right on that. :vikinjg:: It's just the type of hook that would be of interest in the UK. :thumbup: I had to resort to ebay to get these speacal babys. They are somewhat racie for price.

I went out searching for some of these midges but i could only find the odd lingering flock and hard to get pictures. Most of them must have already Flocked off. :eek: I sure would have like to see the mating flight it is some spectacular. :clapping: I sure hope there is another emergance in the next litlle bit. I will have to check my Midge book(very small book) to see how many times a year they hatch.

I'm hoping to have time tonight to maybe tie up a CM or 2. :drinked:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Posted Image

The migration was late this year. But they finally made it and stopped by for a rest until they can go another few thousand miles. The front ones (lead midges) are pretty sassy looking and that was probably why they rested.

• Like 1

Now that is one fat and sassy flock of CM's Gary. I'm having trouble myself getting them to stop & land for me. I'm really hoping I can get at least one this weekend. As you say they don't stay long, Here today Flocked off tomorrow.

It sure can be an impressive hatch if you happen to see one. 100's of1000's of Flocking midges. What a freaking noise they can make. It can leave a buzzing in your head for days. Thats where they get their nic name Canada Buzzers from, Fish just go completely nuts at these times.

Great picture Gary

Tight lines Always

Dennis S