Damnstraight Hello!

DamnStraigh

Hey peeps! My name is Dwayne and I have been resonably serious flyfishing for approx 5 years and the desire to do and learn more is growing each time I hit the water or river. Feel like I am becoming an addict. For trout fishing I do practise C&R for the most part 99% of the time unless I am looking for a little taste.

To me Walley is much better tasting anyhow. I am huge supporter of following the regs, barbless hooks, and would love to drown or shoot all Poachers ( Is that good food for trout? They probably would like the poached meet) Took some stillwater lessons from Mike Monteith at Muir couple years back, which was a huge eyeopener knowing I was fishing 95% incorrectly and opened even more of my horizions. Caught my first cutthroat at Cresent Falls (screamed like the little boy with his first fish ever) couple years back and after the awe settled down was nice to watch the cuttie go back to live another day. Vince you have been an excellent help to me in the store with spending my money BUT not steering me in one direction but assisting with the best decisions. Live in Edmonton and enjoy numerous hours of summer camping / fishing. I do the fishing and the wife does the camping so it is a perfect match. Look now to add many other trout species to the fly, net and release. Been following this forum for a while (Not a major contibutor, especially to the experts) and must addmit that alot of you have definitely peeked my interest in many ways, stories, flytying, trips, advice etc. Heck you may hear more of me and even see me at a meeting. Take care, Safefishing!

Dwayne

PS the devil made me do it. He frequents here alot. I will let you figure out who that is LOL

Dwayne

Welcome to the board and thanks for the kind words directed my way....all of us at the Fishin'Hole do our best to steer you in the right direction. Our club is an awesome club with many members that are very, very helpful and I can tell you that I've learned alot over the years by just asking questions. When you can, do come to a meeting, have a cup of coffee and ask questions.

With regards your question (prior post) on camping and fishing in and around Kananaskis Country....lots of good fishing. Grab a Backroads Map, figure out the general area, jot down the lakes, rivers and streams within a comfortable drive time, read what the Alberta Fishing Guide has to say and then confirm the camping and fishing opportunities with a club member. As far as I'm concerned our club members are the best resource.

Have a good up-coming year.

Vince

Welcome aboard Dwayne.

Fly fishing addicts abound in our club and it is always open to anyone wishing to share a coffee and a story or two like Vince said.

Club meetings are held Wednesday evenings at 7:00 at Queen Mary Park Community hall - 10844 117 St, Edmonton

Dwayne welcome aboard. I like your intro and thank you for sharing a little about yourself. I am happy that you enjoy the forum. There are some great people here that are very helpful in there knowledge and advice. :devil:

Dwayne great to have another new member on the board, It hard to add anymore than what has been said already. Just know there is sure alot of great guy & gals on this site and in this club, Never feel you've ask a stupid question or to many.

Hope to see you out some time. Even better hope to get out fishing some time together or as a group. Hoping to have a couple of club outings this years.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S