Atlantic Salmon Fly Pattern Called "the Mission"

Garhan

I am looking for a recipe of a pattern called the Mission. It was tied to commemorate 6 of our fallen in Afaganistan. A recipe and photo would be great if anyone knows of this fly pattern.

I will also be tying a pattern to represent the colours of my sons regiment when he graduates and would like to put it into a shadow box for him. But I will do an Atlantic , a Streamer and a Wet Fly in the same colour scheme when the time comes.

I am looking for a recipe of a pattern called the Mission. It was tied to commemorate 6 of our fallen in Afaganistan. A recipe and photo would be great if anyone knows of this fly pattern.

I will also be tying a pattern to represent the colours of my sons regiment when he graduates and would like to put it into a shadow box for him. But I will do an Atlantic , a Streamer and a Wet Fly in the same colour scheme when the time comes.

Found it, a website in Nova Scotia got all over this and were extremely helpful. Thank goodness there are some local guys in NS that are up to speed on the local talent. i heard about this fly from a TU Red Deer member, to which they had the originator in to demo the pattern and tips of tying Atlantic style flies….cool. My quest begins. Red and Blue with a hint of gold and Smoke Grey for the Royal Canadian Artillery Unit.

...Gary, I'm glad you found it, I have been searching, more out of curiosity than anything else...on the negative side, no success...on the positive side, I never realized just how many different patterns there are...learned something new just searching...let us know how the fly turns out...

Yeah Backcounrty and there forum group pulled through on this for me. I was very appreciative to them on this. I sat down over the last couple of days and layed out the fly I think I would like to tie for the Royal Canadian Artillery. (RCA) Well at least the Salmon Fly is done in theory, now I need to draw out the Streamer and Wet fly to match. I also need to collect the material and likely dye the material to the Regiment colours. The primary colours are 50% Red and 50% Dark Blue and the two main colours. The sub colours are Gold and Grey. Not really sure about the Grey as I only seen it once mentioned on a Website for the RCA one time.

I will have ask my son next time he calls.