Bergman Flies

Garhan

I have seen what's left and that was no easy task. One store had a set of wings but they where not preserved properly and smell very unpleasant. I bought a couple of the left over pairs and did not to bad with them. As I was digging through my pile I found a set of wings I had purchased some time in the past so am in business......;)

Sounds like I'm not the only one with a problem getting a hold of the stipulated hook for this project. Is it truly necessary that we all use the exact same hook? If so, perhaps some generous, cherry-picking soul could offer to share?

Tony, the Jungle cock is no problem but the Barred Mandarin for the tail of the Bostwick might be. Got everything else except the claret hackle and goose. Just remembered to look at the thread to-day so I guess I'm a little behind.

Barry

Tony, the Jungle cock is no problem but the Barred Mandarin for the tail of the Bostwick might be. Got everything else except the claret hackle and goose. Just remembered to look at the thread to-day so I guess I'm a little behind.

Barry

Hey Barry, I have some 200 prs. of the Wood Duck if that will suffice for you.Also some claret hackle if you need.Not sure what goose your looking for?

The goose is claret as well. I'll take what you can spare on the rest. We can discuss terms. Not sure how to get hold of you but maybe late on next wednesday. I have a TU Dinner meeting that night.

Barry

I PM'd you

Please toe tag all flies that are being submitted with the Name of the fly and the Tier. Thank you. It will make life easier when it comes to mounting them in the shadow box.

Dan New West end Fishing hole has lots. Picked up a couple of packages Fri.

Started playing around with these. First attempted not to bad need to shorten up on head. Other than that not bad. hope to have a couple of them done by the end of the easter weekend.

I'm liking this.

Gary will make sure all are toe tagged.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Barry

Put in the mail this morning Barry...good skills to ya

• 2 weeks later...

We are well over the half way mark on the time line to have these flies submitted. How is everyone coming along? Please report in as we are on the wind down to the end of this month. If anyone need help or material please speak up so that we can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping that everyone is on schedule with there flies. The end of the month is coming soon. Two more weeks and then we will be able to start the shadow box. Their have not been to many questions so I will take it that everyone is doing well with there flies and will have them available for the end of the month. Thanks all.

So far we then have the following people involved: (in no particular order)

1. Dennis S. - DONE

2. Michael Dell

3. Jim T. (Snow Wolf)

4. Gary Hanke - DONE

5. Junior- Rick - DONE

6. Aaron Phillips - DONE

7. Swingwet (Tony) - DONE

8. Dipperdan (Dan) - DONE

9. Barry Wright (BJW)

etc....

I think this is correct, if not let me know and I will edit. We could have 31 tiers that way we only have to do one each.....cool

We can list of here on this thread. Post yourself up and I will add you to the DONE list as we go.

Hey what the heck I was done the day you posted who's tying what....no respect(dangerfield)

I know you were, haha..but I wanted a confirmation. Everyone get the same opportunity….lol.

Hey what the heck I was done the day you posted who's tying what....no respect(dangerfield)

I know you were, haha..but I wanted a confirmation. Everyone get the same opportunity….lol.

oh confirmation Okay,thank-you,sorry....I would also like to CONFIRM I am an awesome flyfisherman and never loose any flies in trees and that my knots are always perfect.

Can't wait for the Plate to be completed...gonna be a site that's for sure

• Like 1

Well had a great weekend at the vise. Not sure if anyone heard any of the swearing coming out of the Deep West Edm. That could have been me. I was moving right along with my group of flies first 2 basically not a problem. Now I know what working with shity material can do. I thought I had a matched pair of white duck quills, guess what, Nota. Tried

to get that to work but to no avale.

Just wonder if any one here in edm and going to be out to the meeting Wed have an almost powder blue silk floss.

I thought I had but the stuff I have will not lay down flat.

After watch the presentatioin that Gary gave on working with Quill wings it sure made this a whole lot easier.

Gary thank you again for that presentation.

Off to the Hole I go. thought I might of seen some white quills there.

I too can not wait to see a picture of the finished producted.

Tight Line Always

Dennis S

Dennis, when I was flossing, ( not my teeth ) I would wet the floss with spit, ( through the mouth then wet my fingers and then rap, :wedgie: ( not the song , silly) the floss. that seemed to work. I am also giving the floss body a coat of head cement, I hope thats ok... :clapping:

If you are using floss or silks, either wash and scrub your hands or use silk gloves that can be purchased at most sewing shops. Flosses and silks easily absorb oil and dirty off your hands. If you are using 4 strand floss, break it down to two strands or even one longer strand. Do not twist it or coat with lacquer as this will give you a unnatural colour on the coating and twisting it simply is not true to Bergmans style. If you are using floss or silk as a rib, break it down to one strand, again it is to lay flat. You may have to wind and take it off and rewind until it get down flat. But thats OK we are only tying 5 or 6 flies each. The Adder fly I tied with twisting the flos and ribbing material is totally wrong. So don't do it that way.

Dan no one will hold it against you if you coat the body. Just saying it isn't true to Bergmans flies. But all this is part of the learning curve.