Bergman Flies

Garhan

Fantastico!! A Project...I likey the project.

MATERIALS------

The 9 tyers involved here should be following this thread....if there are materials we don't have--post an ASK on this thread and someone should be able to help out.

These patterns are pretty common materials so there should be no need for substitutes.

Micheal,that BEEMAN may be tough,although I have 7 types of turkey tail I do not have a true grey turkey that would suit the plate

Barry, do you have Jungle Cock for the BELGRADE?Let me know

Gary, I have a ton of BlueJay for your BLUE JAY.

Everything else should be pretty straight forward but do post here first if your in need of something.

Good Skills to you gentleman and lets here from you when your done.

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks Swingwet. I appreciate the post and offering of materials. That is a great part of this project, sourcing and sharing. I do have some European BlueJay Wings so I am good there. But I do second your comments. So if there is anything a person needs I can share some material as well. As for the Grey Turkey I think there is a gal out around RMH that posted here before that has some. I will have to see if I can find that thread. She had many different species of birds were she is selling the Moulted feathers.

We can also post the finished flies here and additionally on the Whats in the Box section with a recipe under Wet Fly.

Started this morning and realized I might be tying on the wrong size hook.

Can one of you fellas tell me what a size 6 length should be?

The pic. is of some I started and then the hook I think is a size 6

post-2116-0-19405000-1362332344_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tony and Gary,

I have some turkey feathers that I have collected over the years that I will look at to see if I have anything suitable.

Michael

Micheal,that BEEMAN may be tough,although I have 7 types of turkey tail I do not have a true grey turkey that would suit the plate

Tony

Now the research and the searching begins. Thank you Gary for thinking up this one and organizing it into a very interesting project.

Swingwet thank you for the offer of materials. Will have to get out and get some size 6 3399's

If I can help in the material end i sure well.

Tight lines Always

Dennis S

Yes ,this does sound like a fun project, that being said . I will be missing this weeks meeting, I heared something about substituting materials , I do have a guinea skin , and a few gray duck quill wing materials ( I would like someone assess them to see if they are good enough ) If some one has Purple I would like to trade if possible. Thanks, have to start practising. :dar:

Dan

Dan is it purple Guinea your looking for. I have some. does it have to be small dots or big dots. For sure I know I have some big dot purple but will ck to see if I have any with the smaller dots. How much do you need.

I will be there this week but not next week. Doctor wants to see whats inside the old tummy.

Let me know about the guinea

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

If some one has Purple I would like to trade if possible. Thanks, have to start practising. :dar:

Dan

When I tied up my Black Mooseesessess? for fishing I dyed white duck quill in Grape Kool-aid.Sorry I can't be of more help on this one.

Went out to Whole Sale South S and got most of what I need for my patterns. Picked up a very nice dark Claret hen neck. The only thing I couldn't get was the hooks. They didn't have any 6's (3399) I will check a couple of other shops this week. Will practice on the 4's I have.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S

Are the Bermans fished more in lakes than rivers or the other way around...?

Both , but people in NA have more of an interest to fish them in rivers and streams. The UK uses them extensively in lakes.

I grabbed all the quills off the rack, emptied the packages and rematched for what I wanted. So you probably were looking at what I left behind.....lol.

Oh so YOUR the guy that does that...no wonder I stopped going to the local shops other than for thread.