I Heard A Funny Story In Calgary

Garhan

This has happened a couple of times in the last several months in one of the FLS boutiques I frequent in a southern city.It appears that when you are in the presence of a flyfishing god or goddess that may seem some what aloof, arrogant, stuffed, or pompus, you are not to refer to flyfisherman as "Anglers". These god and goddess where very willing to hand down a reprimand to the individual in an attempt to correct their contempt of a long standing and entitled sport of flyfishing. I was in a bit of awh at this time. My response is this to them. Should we exhume Sir Isaac Walton and have him burned at the stake or would a crucifixion be an adequate enough of a punishment for his blasphemy. Next comes the puzzled look. Well IMHO, one the best classic books ever written was "The Complete Angler". So with a title like that it must offend the gods, goddess and zealots and maybe we should round up all the copies and burn the books. The gods might then forgive us, dont you think. So I wonder when flyfishing got so holy, or was I having a coffee at that time and simply missed out.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2nRfnpWxw

Bring a coffee this is a well done documentary on the following of this great book.

Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for a religious deity or the irreverence towards religious or holy persons or things.

I do believe that at the end of the day we purchase Sportfishing Licenses and not Flyfishing Licenses.

• Like 1

An amazing story from what I hear. It has already moved me. Thanks Gary for sharing. =) still watching, brought a coffee and a blanket to get cozy with...

An amazing story from what I hear. It has already moved me. Thanks Gary for sharing. =) still watching, brought a coffee and a blanket to get cozy with...

Thanks Kristi I am glad that you enjoyed the video.

While repacking my fishing gear for this weekend I noticed that one of my favorite reels has orange backing.

Relavent how?

The one old timer in the Video mentioned how most people want to rush out and catch big fish right away instead of learning how to catch little fish first. He said you are better prepared to enjoy the big fish when you know how to catch little fish.

That statement did not have any relevance to me till I saw the orange backing on my reel. I believe I have learned how to catch small fish for the most part and am looking forward to the day a fish takes me to my backing and I can see what some of it looks like stretched out and shaking...!

• Like 1