Frs Radios

SnoWolf

Any know-it-all's on this subject..?

I am wondering what's at the bottom, the top and on between? Seems there is lots to choose from and hate to waste money on some crap.

Any info you care to share would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Any know-it-all's on this subject..?

I am wondering what's at the bottom, the top and on between? Seems there is lots to choose from and hate to waste money on some crap.

Any info you care to share would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

We use the Motorola's during hunting season. They have a reasonable range depending on the terrain and hills. (Costco used to carry them)

Jim

I've seen the waterproof Moto's and they are cool indeed. Good range and best of all when you go for a dunk all should still be good. I've lost a few to flowing water after taking a good dunk (they sure do make an odd vibrate sound when in the water) and wished someone would come out with a waterproof set and a reasonable cost.

Vince

Hahaha. Ya I guess there is at least one draw back to their floating, ie: them moving down stream faster than you can...;-). However other than that I think I have sold myself on those ones.

They are a little expensive but they are one sale right now for a good price so I guess I better go get some. There was only one set there.

Thx all

Jim

That's what I was thinking as they do have a spot to do so.

Is funny though as it seems the more I cut back on the things I'm willing to carry all day the more things I find I'm willing to carry all day....;-)

• 2 weeks later...

WHY CARRY A PHONE WHEN YOUR OUT FISHING ?

HE HE I LOVE THIS SITE ALL READY

FLYROD

Hahaha. I'm with you Rod. My cell phone is turned off when I an fishing...;-). However it's not unusual for me to fish alone and there is always some risk associated with that. So having a radio I believe is helpful and if you are fishin with some friends you don't have to stay in eyesight cause if anything goes sideways you can call them.

I did pick up the water proof motorolas but have not had a chance to try them out yet.