For Shame!

Guest ArticWolf

Guest ArticWolf

The last time I checked I was living in a country the boost about "Freedom of Speech", "Democracy",..and then came the 'Internet'..just a means for those that can not stand to be criticized by anyone..those ppl who have been labeled well before my time as 'bleeding hearts'. What a shame of wasted energy trying to suppress everyone to do as they wish..to deny people of Freedom of Speech is not the way to solve a problem..all it does is build animosity into those who are trying to voice their opinion whether it is right or wrong,and so what has been accomplished...a Wall ,that shows myself and every other outsider the level of maturity, intelligence that I'm up against..which is not very much.

It really surprised me when I saw the topic that was clearly building up a conversation giving everybody a chance to voice what they thought was right, sure I was the 'pusher' of heated emotions but seriously this was the most active thread since man discovered 'Fire'!

..it also surprised me to see which Admin decided to lock the thread , was this an act to save face among the rest of the staff because when I joined this site ,I had asked for certain areas to be constructed and so obviously the other staff members thought there was a bond......how bloody pathetic can ppl be..what was created was to benefit this forum..which you the staff should have made long before I came into this picture..Oh Well..as I said ..'pathetic'.

I maybe getting a 'warning notice' over this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me at all...

I agree with the locking of the thread. The conversation had run it's course.

Creating angst and argument is certainly not the healthiest way to promote longterm participation. Let's instead put our posting energies into the very types of topics you wanted to see more of.

QT

IMHO I felt the topic was locked out prematurely. And with the hope that it would have turned back to the subject at hand, With a bit of mud slinging or not on both sides. There was no innocent particpants on that.Stay focused dont take stuff personally and be nice. Stop being yourselves as my grandmother used to say. What should have come out of it collectively 'again my opinion" was how can we collectively or as a group club aside or not get more people involved. Club members as some put it or not or outlanders all should have input in a positive way and no one should be alianated or excempt from a public forum. This is a great venue to be able to share ideas, philoiphies and have the ability to see what people in this sport are doing and creating around the world. Were else would you get this kind of input and opportunity. putting that on my credit card. :dr:

I'll come in person and give it a try. Especially in return for sea-run cutthroat lessons. ;) Not much of a dry fly guy myself. Now, seriously, just keep at it, you'll get better. Tie half dozens at a time and try to improve. It works.

Tight wraps, Florin

Guest sagephreak

all I got is hope wife says I ain't gettin lucky.

As for searuns they are all over the place right now. And the fact that they are chasing fry, the biggest factor in that is the size of your pattern. Match the size of the fry.

Guest sagephreak

Damn right they will, will be heading out this weekend, I tied some with the new Krystal flash I told u about and some with the rootbeer MOP. I already know the MOP works my fishing budy grabed two off me last nite and called me at work with a report, AWESOME!

Guest sagephreak

Bruce that pattern is going out with me next week along with the old school poor mans tied dowm minnow. I found another fly box of my dads with a bunch of stickleback patterns in it.

• Like 1

Does that mean someone is going to teach me hoe to tie dry flies properly.LOL

Rob, be careful what you call her. Because then :coffeetime: you might have to tie your own dryflies....just playing with you bud. I read your comment with a British accent this last time. Sorry I just had to.