Shanksi From Scotland

shanksi

Guest ArticWolf
Posted Image.....well,well...if it isn't me m8 from Scotland post-2057-0-31358600-1334411141_thumb.png..looks like this new home is filling up nicely..any problems Ian, you know who to go to m8...oh ya heard Tony is going to be a good customer of yours..so he was telling me...got him 'hooked' do you now...Posted Image

Welcome Ian, Good to have you aboard. I'm interested what you use for your Grayling. Our club is involved in a survey , researching Grayling in some tribs west of our city. They seem to be a very easy catch. Last year got off to a slow start do to high water.It was a very dissappointing survey , very few fish had been caught. Not sure what the reason was. Just hopen this year will be alot better.

Hope to hear from ya..

Dan

Hi Dan,

In Scotland we fish for grayling mostly in the winter between November and February when the trout and salmon seasons are over. I have had most success using a centre pin reel and trotting with maggots although I also fish for them with the fly rod and weighted pink bugs seem to do the trick. My mates and I fish the river Earn here in the winter for grayling but over the last couple of seasons they have been having major problems with cormorants taking the fish and as the bird is a protected species they can't shoot them. ;) The grayling over here can be very difficult to find but we find when the weather gets really cold they shoal up and if you get in amongst them can have a successful day. Love it when they put that big dorsal fin up and you struggle to move them.

Ian

Guest Welshtony

Hi Daniel,

Didn't take much to hook Tony, just a nice bottle of Macallan. :cheers:

Hey Big Man,

Nice to see you hear M8, Do not tell Daniel all my secrets m8........ :coffeetime: