Would Anyone Be Interested In A Fly Swap?

Guest ArticWolf

having a Fly Swap...  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who is 'for'

• who is 'For'
    • who is 'shy'

Guest ArticWolf

OK..here is the story...I've been in here for about 2 weeks or so, and in that time, I've put up a few flies in every section that was recently made for this site...I will not try and fool anyone in here by telling them I don't tie too well...cause I tie for ME!

I like my flies to be suitable to give them away to ppl who tie/who fish...so therefore I take pride in my work...BUT...I don't ever want ppl who are still learning the tricks to feel intimidated by my tying ability...

So I'm asking the group if I host a Fly Swap...how many ppl would give it a shot if the theme was..."Card Blanche"..choose your fly be it..dry,nymph,streamer,wet...for trout fishing in the spring...

Hey wolf,

I'm not positive, but I think you may need to add an option for your poll. I can only see the options "against" and "shy". I couldn't vote for "for."

As for me, I voted "shy". I enjoy tying, but don't have a lot of time for it (career, family, fishing...etc). I'd likely participate, as long as the intent was for fun and for self-motivation to tie. The expectations would need to be fairly low.

Oh...and how to exchange?

QT

Guest redfly
Well mutt I voted shy the only other way was against but most people are busy this time of year here we start our gardens so we can go out fishing in our spare time back there I guess you be doing the same.I would be interested in a swap come Sept not till then

I am in. Chris there will be no gardening here until the May long weekend usually. Although I have been know to get the carrots, radishes and turnips in around May 1 if the soil is warm enough. And there is no real gardening in Calgary on all that rock and there colder summers. You can grow anything there but Pine and Spruce tree and some Cottonwoods. :pray:

boy each forum has a different way to create a Poll...now the two questions are correct...

Now we all need to revote, if you were originally shy it meant a yes ?????. :pckill:

Guest ArticWolf

These are my rules to every swap I've started..simple yet effected...

have thought about this now for a while, and because we all are in different parts with different 'go to flies' come spring, I thought why not..this swap will consist ONLY for TROUT now...Nymphs, Drys, Wets, or Streamers...Your Choice of tie...which ever one you would use on your waters, be it rivers or stillwater..

..This swap will start .??,..all names and types of flies will be posted by the each tier so that others will know what they will be tying..

..let's try and get a healthy group on this one...ONLY the first 8 will be taken..

..*as usual a 'self stamped return envelop is required*

..*remember to put 'toe tags' on your flies for all to know who they belong too*

..All flies must be in the fly meister's possession [that's me folks] not later than.??... in time to fill everyone's box...

..All oversea tiers please just send a return brown envelope with NO stamps...I'll take care of that for the first time..

..I will give out my home address to those you need it through PM

..think it would be nice to have a variety of flies to lure the spring trout...

Well it seems there is a bit of interest in this swap.."however"..we have to make a time for all flees to be in my hands so that I can post them all to the tiers in a respectable time..

For this I need your input..when shall it stat and closing time...here in Calgary the 'city' Bow opens in June just like the Elbow..I'm not knowledgeable about the rivers in your area...so please help....

Please Note...whatever number of tiers join..Always Make One Extra..example:..if 8 tiers=submit 9 flies..

..Daniel..aka..ArticWolf..TBA

..Gary..aka..Garhan..Gh Hares Mask Minnow #6

.. ..aka..Grumpy.. the Lady Might

..Dennis..aka..Dennis S..Klinkhamer

..Micheal..aka..Micheal Dell.. beadhead Pheasant Tail nymph.

..Roy..aka..FlyFish.. Chelsea Callibaetis (nymph)

..Rob..aka..Sagephreak..Doc's Blood Leech

..Tony..aka..Welshtony..Sooty olive an Irish Fly

This Swap is now "CLOSED"

there are 8 tiers, so please gentlemen tie 9 flies for the swap!

• Like 1

Roy, I flyswaps generally however many tiers there are. You always should tie one extra fly for the swap. Nice fly to boot.

6 tiers- m7 flies

7 tiers- 8 flies, etc...

boy each forum has a different way to create a Poll...now the two questions are correct...

Look like things are starting to roll. Might need a title page with a current list of participants their mate. Five or so more and we have a swap going.

Guest Welshtony

Well mutt I voted shy the only other way was against but most people are busy this time of year here we start our gardens so we can go out fishing in our spare time back there I guess you be doing the same.I would be interested in a swap come Sept not till then

Come on Chris......You Know It Makes Sense......You little Welsh Tiger You..... :coffeetime:

Guest ArticWolf
hey you two...chill out give me a break...that little 'woman' Admin has bee playing around with my avatar these last few days...she be the only one 'bold' enough to try and tackle this here Alpha Wolf...grrrrrr..and I can't find my other ones I made...