Hmm...do I Have To?

Guest ArticWolf

Remember Gentlemen that it's not just a man's man who could drink a mans drink, there are ladies here too ..... I favor particular scotch's, rye's and a whisky's myself!! The sweet drinks will kill me... :barf:

Just cause I look pretty jeez!! :rolleyes:

as for avatars I missed my opp on that one.. :( AW now that you mention Gary's avatar, hmmm ... oh i do see bugs!! ;) I thought that was a steamed dumpling in a banana leaf! :eek: oooh my bad!!

And there should be no issue's AW if you want to use your own smileys.

And not much trouble you can find your self in cause I already tried... lol! maybe not hard enough though...

~Kristi

Sure now you gang up on me…lol..

Great looking site, just browzed.

Many of us , including myself are not as you put it , world class, or etc. What it looks like , there will be great info you and your friends will bring to the site. Hopefully gets it going. I don't tie all that much but with the excitment you fellows seem to have been stirring up, I just may spend more time in my cave......Many thanks to Gary for introducing you to the site.. Thanks Gary

My pleasure Dan, I would not have done it or suggested to AW if I didn't feel that there was many tiers that were great people as well to come in and contribute from the other site. Not only with there flytying, but their vast experiences in angling or there interest in fish and flyfishing as a whole. An example of that would be our Grayling interest and when you look at localized regions of Europe we have some excellent Grayling anglers from that part of the world. I believe that their input into Grayling and Grayling management could be an asset to us Canadians that are desperately trying to recovery our Grayling populations and habitats. But truly the thanks should go to Arctic Wolf he is doing the recruiting I just planted the seed. :pray:

One thing that I have found out with these so called world class flytyers ( and most of them would take that as tongue and cheek) is that if you ask them and usually in a pm (keeping it private) or not, to critique your flies they will come up with great suggestions on how to improve your tying ability. I think this is unique in that we as individuals seldom in real life will ever get an audience with this type of a tyer to help ourselves improve our passion and expand our talents, and abilities as tiers. Why not learn from some of the best the flyfishing world community has to offer.

"Sure now you gang up on me…lol.."

No. not on purpose!! I just truly thought your avatar was a steamed dumpling in a banana leaf, once the bugs where mentioned I looked harder. I'm sorry :unsure:

"Sure now you gang up on me…lol.."

No. not on purpose!! I just truly thought your avatar was a steamed dumpling in a banana leaf, once the bugs where mentioned I looked harder. I'm sorry :unsure:

Well I guess that is a bit better than a lump of sh-- dung. It is all good.

Guest redfly

Well Gary I like that old Rock I have seen it many places and it always gives ya a warm feeling on a cold winter night but if you could only make it bigger and I could see the flies on it and copy a few.I do see we need some friendly banter in here and I thinks the people on site could enjoy but what if I get some dislikes that warning thingy gets me like a noose hanging over my head or a rock.I have always liked a site that has friendly people in it and sharing some of my knowledge on my type of tying and fishing.But another site that I was on become commercialized after we got it going and I stopped enjoying the site.How is this site funded and will the same happen her ???? My concerns are mine but could be others down the road once bitten twice shy.

Well Gary I like that old Rock I have seen it many places and it always gives ya a warm feeling on a cold winter night but if you could only make it bigger and I could see the flies on it and copy a few.I do see we need some friendly banter in here and I thinks the people on site could enjoy but what if I get some dislikes that warning thingy gets me like a noose hanging over my head or a rock.I have always liked a site that has friendly people in it and sharing some of my knowledge on my type of tying and fishing.But another site that I was on become commercialized after we got it going and I stopped enjoying the site.How is this site funded and will the same happen her ???? My concerns are mine but could be others down the road once bitten twice shy.

I can relate Chris. I don't know how this site is funded. But you're absolutely right about the other site getting to commercialized. There was a few other issues as well. One for me was that if you are going to post 25-100 flies a day, every day, for months on a site. Regardless of how good you are. Then I feel that others have been lost in the postings and one person has consumed everyones time. I don't feel that is fair to other members and it seems to intimidate, becomes overwhelming for other members and as a result others stop posting. I currently don't believe that it is being done purposefully either, but I may stand to be corrected on that point. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I don't appreciate the quality or ingenuity of the flies. But do we really need 25 flies a day from the same person. (occasionally to me it is fine, but every day!!) I would like to see other tiers stuff as well and have conversations around those flies. Especially from other waters or regions, not just Holland. (Devils Advocate) Mind you it is a great way to take over a site and not have to pay for the advertising, by swamping it with your own stuff. Just saying…. :motz::peacefingers: But I should not real air this here on this site. So my apologies to those I have offended.

And the picture is just for you Chris and Kristi (a steamed dumpling in a banana leaf). I dare you to eat it….lol..I will be making more of these once the season is upon us.

Posted Image

Here is the nymph.

Posted Image

And the Dry.

Posted Image

I don't think the picture of the dry showed up...

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is it we're looking at on the stone? Is that basically a souvenir of a trip? How'd you keep the stoneflies on it...and from rotting?

QT

I don't think the picture of the dry showed up...

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is it we're looking at on the stone? Is that basically a souvenir of a trip? How'd you keep the stoneflies on it...and from rotting?

QT

QT I have come across nymphal stonefly hatches throughout Alberta, Montana and a few other places in several species. This is from the famous Bow River Goldenstone Fly hatch that people seemed to think for many years was a secret. Well at least how to fish it was a secret. You throw big Adult Stonefly bugs during low light periods and all night long. You will have the greatest experience on the dry fly you have ever had in your life. One day on the Bow River I decided to take home a couple of rocks that had the shucks of the nymphs all over them. I cleaned them up the best I could and lacquered the heck out of it. End result is a rock that looks like a steamed dumpling on a banana leaf. :clapping:

Guest redfly

Well Gary all these months I have been looking at that rock and trying to figure out what was on it absolutely deadly m8 I can see them and some nice ties as well good on ya.And if you noticed in a other local my postings have changed big time usually when I post I hope to create some activity from others on the site that is why I always say open to comments or something the same I would like to make more posts like my Gomphus and Dragon flies and have people share what they have tied and use this to me is more helpful to the learners as well as the Pro's.When it comes to tying it was always for me and the family lots of kids grand and great they all will need the flies and some are asking me about tying now so I could end up teaching them all my bad habits.I feel this site is the one were people would like to find out different ways and patterns with out all the Bull.How do we share our knowledge with the new site other than making some good postings??I will be spending some time this Easter weekend giving it a great deal of thought on a new way to share and help others in here hmm the smoke be coming out the ears already

Guest sagephreak

Well Gary I have always wondered what it was thanks for clearing that up, and I agree on the other site but what goes on behind the screen bothers me more. Nice to see Chris and Daniel getting warmed up :clapping:

Well Gary I have always wondered what it was thanks for clearing that up, and I agree on the other site but what goes on behind the screen bothers me more. Nice to see Chris and Daniel getting warmed up :clapping:

So true.