Hmm...do I Have To?

Guest ArticWolf

Guest ArticWolf
Oh well..guess I must..anyway this tall middle-aged gent came over to my place today to convince me that here in this forum consists of Canadians either from Alberta and or from BC...but what the hell does he know anyways, cause he got into my silver flask that was at that time filled with none other than a man's drink..JD ..but not anymore ..so..was he right?

Well, if you follow along for a while, you will find that the vast majority of those who post here are not only Canadian and Albertan, but most are from Edmonton and area. We do have a few who post from elsewhere (Red Deer, Calgary, Crowsnest, some in BC), but they are generally friends of or know local Edmonton members. That's not surprising, since Norhtern Lights Fly Tyers is the Edmoton Chaper of Trout Unlimited.

So Arctic Wolf, where are you from? What are your fishing interests? And how can we make you feel welcome?

I know at least one member who is a Burbon fan although I hesitiate to guess his brand preference.

There's a few of us who think a man's drink should have more hair on it and be brewed by men with the courage to wear kilts.

I won't count the guy who adulterates Gods nectar with 5 alive. He' s a good fisherman though, even if he can't stick to fly pattern recipie.

Oh well..guess I must..anyway this tall middle-aged gent came over to my place today to convince me that here in this forum consists of Canadians either from Alberta and or from BC...but what the hell does he know anyways, cause he got into my silver flask that was at that time filled with none other than a man's drink..JD ..but not anymore ..so..was he right?

Welcome AC you old coot, short bald and out of JD guy. :clap:

Guest ArticWolf

Welcome AC you old coot, short bald and out of JD guy. :clap:

say...I tried to register in here but some one else had my user name...guess what Gary...it was me...I joined up a while ago when you first told me about it..and besides..short.....pffffffft...just a bit shorter than you m8 but tough as an old rusty Italian nail...lol

Guest ArticWolf

Well, if you follow along for a while, you will find that the vast majority of those who post here are not only Canadian and Albertan, but most are from Edmonton and area. We do have a few who post from elsewhere (Red Deer, Calgary, Crowsnest, some in BC), but they are generally friends of or know local Edmonton members. That's not surprising, since Norhtern Lights Fly Tyers is the Edmoton Chaper of Trout Unlimited.

So Arctic Wolf, where are you from? What are your fishing interests? And how can we make you feel welcome?

I know at least one member who is a Burbon fan although I hesitiate to guess his brand preference.

There's a few of us who think a man's drink should have more hair on it and be brewed by men with the courage to wear kilts.

I won't count the guy who adulterates Gods nectar with 5 alive. He' s a good fisherman though, even if he can't stick to fly pattern recipie.

sorry Dave didn't see your post only Gary's, who unfortunaitely for me is my friend...Well Dave..I'm an old school fly tier,fly fisher, with the knowledge of so many other methods of catching fish....including the "Italian" special...for you see m8..I'm an Italian Canadian who has been living in Calgary for 8 years now..BUT..the good Lord willing I'll return to BC, from whence I came from..

Over the years Dave , I've tried a lot of different brews but always seems to come back to JD...those that drink that stuff that the kilt wearers drink....pffffffft...have never aquirred a taste for...

got to ask you a question or two m8...#1...how come I can only tick something I like but 'once' per day...tried to tick your post to me...got an error...#2...do you object if I use my own smiles instead of the ones in here...

............thanks for letting me know that most of the group is north of me...that is till I relocate.........Daniel

Not sure about the ticking thingie. Don't do that myself. You'll have to ask Ken or Kristi about that.

i don't think your own smilies wold hurt.. I'm presuming you can just psat them in.

You don't have to be stuck in Cowtown.You can awlays come up this away for a fish.

Or possibly meet half way on the Red Deer when it opens again.

i know one guy that Emmerson and I meet there from time to time.

As for BC, in the not too distant future, when the wife and I retire, we'll be moving to Victoria.

My daughter is keeping the house warm for us while she goes to U Vic

Dave

Will Artic Wolf glad to see you dropped in enjoy theres a bunch of good old boy's here and like me the odd young one. Bring on the 5 alive and I have to stop in to shoppers drug mart ran of fake eye lashes for my Adam's :eek::drinked:

Does that work for you Dave. Nothing like a good stiff shot of Scotch & 5 Alive.

You'll be happy to know there are a few ill-talian's that frequeint the site, right Vince. Mr Dry Fly only man.

When do you head to BC and where to.

Gary thanks for having Daniel drop in, more the merryer with like interests.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Guest redfly

Well it seems like a friendly site m8 and some good people from the oil capital of Canada be here and this Old Coote joined so it will take a while to figure out how to do things in here but will make my contrabutions as we go on.

Why all these computer site not be the same us old farts not be computer savy. :fireworks: hey I like there smileys any ways I do a little looking around in here and get settled in.I'll see if I can pull some wolfs tail and cick some guys rock around with out getting in trouble :trout_punch: thanks m8s

Guest ArticWolf

aah..........you made it you old coot...I just checked to see if I can pop up an image here but.....Posted Imagecan't do it..looks like this forum makes you use an out side host , then tells you to put up the url...a little behind the times I say..surely the staff [Admin] can get the one that all you need to do is click on a button.."upload image"..which will allow you to take pics directly from ones PC...this is 2012, and upgrades to sites are always advancing...

..So Chris..as long as you don't tell anyone that I'm here ...relaxing in the Alberta sun...Posted ImagePosted Image..until I get myself back in BC, where I can once again hang this outside my door..Posted Imageit would be great!

Hello, actually we have had that benefit of posting Pics. The site has just had some upgrading , but it looks like that just got overlooked. I'm sure they will bring it back . Fishn's about to commence into 2nd gear, looken forward to it. Maybe Dennis will post a fish or 2...... :wedgie:

Dan

Well it seems like a friendly site m8 and some good people from the oil capital of Canada be here and this Old Coote joined so it will take a while to figure out how to do things in here but will make my contrabutions as we go on.

Why all these computer site not be the same us old farts not be computer savy. :fireworks: hey I like there smileys any ways I do a little looking around in here and get settled in.I'll see if I can pull some wolfs tail and cick some guys rock around with out getting in trouble :trout_punch: thanks m8s

Leave my avatar out of it Chris…lol.

Guest ArticWolf

still say Gary, this avatar of yours looks like a lump of dung..now if you enlarged it to the point one can see the bugs...then maybe it wouldn't look like something Nantuc left in the lane this morning...Posted Image....Posted Image

Remember Gentlemen that it's not just a man's man who could drink a mans drink, there are ladies here too ..... I favor particular scotch's, rye's and a whisky's myself!! The sweet drinks will kill me... :barf:

Just cause I look pretty jeez!! :rolleyes:

as for avatars I missed my opp on that one.. :( AW now that you mention Gary's avatar, hmmm ... oh i do see bugs!! ;) I thought that was a steamed dumpling in a banana leaf! :eek: oooh my bad!!

And there should be no issue's AW if you want to use your own smileys.

And not much trouble you can find your self in cause I already tried... lol! maybe not hard enough though...

~Kristi

Guest ArticWolf
well boss Lady...I have asked a few of my friends to join this site, they are all top notch fly tiers, some are commercal tiers and the rest they are Pros..modest but Pros just the same...even that old coot Chris..he be 3/4 Welsh and 1/4 ?..he leaves that out on purpose...there should be one coming in from Poland..Qfly is his user name..very Professional..by anyone's standards...........cheers!

Yeah that's right; that's my name all right... :whip: boss Lady... errr NOT!

yes Qfly has joined already..

and I look very forward to all that action if there is any ;) lols

-Kristi

Guest ArticWolf
well first off we all got to do something about a location to show off our talent..Qfly as a rule likes to put up his videos of his fantastic ties..do you not have a separate place for that?...and do you not have a break down of the flies...Nymphs..for River, StillWater..Wets for both, Dries for both,Streamers or lures, so where do we start flogging this forum with our talent....huh????Posted Image

hmm our videos get posted into YouTube where you can subscribe to the NLFT RSS feed and as for having this site all divvied out into sub folders/chapters that has yet to happen.. I thing some organization and a little direction (for me) I could help with that.. something I will check into. That idea doesn't sound to bad at all Daniel.

If you wanted to send me an out like I could get it going for the forum. I'd have to double check with a couple of the admins and executive first..

Guest redfly
post-2103-0-28944300-1333516948_thumb.jpgAw Daniel ya no be telling me I have to enter flies in here m8 I thought I joined to have some fun and share some knowledge on tying I have found no place to put flies as of yet Hmm maybe they can open up some new areas for flies as you have said.We need a spot for this before we can get going on itpost-2103-0-41389200-1333516984_thumb.jpgpost-2103-0-06729400-1333517013_thumb.jpg

Good morning Guys and Ladies some great ideas keep them coming. I like the dividing into sub topics. I've notice thats become very common on the Web forums. Just bare with us as some of this stuff is new to us so sometimes it's baby steps. Once Ken and Dave and Kristi's lives slow down (snow is about gone so we will get Kristi's feet planted more firmly on the gound now) :laugh:

Ken real easy to get along with and I'm sure talking to him he will find out how to do most of this.

Great to have you guys on board looking forward to the interaction and yes Artic Wolf I will post of pictures

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Ha ha Dennis "(snow is about gone so we will get Kristi's feet planted more firmly on the ground now)" your funny! Yes as it seems my feet err foot is going to be planted firmly now.. Although I have an opportunity to take off again, unfortunately it wont happen till next season with this injury i have.

Still am using crutches.. may have to have surgery :'( *sucks*

I'm here to take some of the pressure off of Ken and yes we will get the sub sections going.. I can do that so as long as i have an OK from the biggies. (you guys) 8). Anyways I look forward to putting my handy work into this forum to help rebuild/structure it.

Just need an out line of what they "BOYS" would like to see for sub sections as I have very little experience with what flies to fish where and when and all the sorts that go with. :P

~ Kristi

I can categorize based on what i know..

Dry Flies and Poppers - Surface fly for lakes and rivers

Nymphs - Bottom fly for lakes and rivers

Streamers - throughout water column of lakes and rivers

Wet Flies - throughout water column of lakes and rivers

Salmon Flies - throughout water column of rivers and streams

Saltwater Flies - throughout water column, flats, reefs and mangroves

Is this the sort of sub catagories your all looking for??

send me feed back and I'll get it done.

Guest ArticWolf

I can categorize based on what i know..

Dry Flies and Poppers - Surface fly for lakes and rivers

Nymphs - Bottom fly for lakes and rivers

Streamers - throughout water column of lakes and rivers

Wet Flies - throughout water column of lakes and rivers

Salmon Flies - throughout water column of rivers and streams

Saltwater Flies - throughout water column, flats, reefs and mangroves

Is this the sort of sub catagories your all looking for??

send me feed back and I'll get it done.

yes..Posted Image...if you go and have a look at this site, which I was the sole SMod for over a year..I brought this site from 230 members to over 600 before I had a major disagreement with it's owner/Admin...which was easy to repeat...he wanted a 'social network with this site, where the $$$$, was more important than the solidarity of world top tiers..not my idea of a site who contained 'World Class Tiers'..the matured members of this hobby...so I left!...........but ..in this site , if you allow me and my friends we can build it up with surprising top notch tiers...

..think you should also consider a location in this site to have a "video library" as well..........

http://www.flytyingbug.com/forum/

Great looking site, just browzed.

Many of us , including myself are not as you put it , world class, or etc. What it looks like , there will be great info you and your friends will bring to the site. Hopefully gets it going. I don't tie all that much but with the excitment you fellows seem to have been stirring up, I just may spend more time in my cave......Many thanks to Gary for introducing you to the site.. Thanks Gary

Guest ArticWolf
well it was Gary..aka..Garhan who suggested to me that we..him and I could bring some movement to this site..he told me there were a lot of good ppl in here, both the staff and the membership..well I said it will rock in a month or two..so now Dan..you will see lots of flies for all occasions..and one of the "Best" ways to better one's self and that is to join into the Fly Swaps, that will be going on in here shortly...and in no time Dan, you and those that join will improve tremendously...

still say Gary, this avatar of yours looks like a lump of dung..now if you enlarged it to the point one can see the bugs...then maybe it wouldn't look like something Nantuc left in the lane this morning...Posted Image....Posted Image

A lump of dung, what the hay. :whip: Not to worry unless it starts to smell like a lump of dung. Is there any flies hovering around it yet