---> Pay it Forward ---> F/F SWAP

Kristi

I have some fly boxes that a generous club member donated..

i'll toss in my handy work 1-2 doz of your choice of fly, keeping in mind materiels and experience lol!

DAN!!! I'll SWAP you silly, yes Just fish related (gear, materiels and such) .. I'm truly trying to get this off the ground with success.. kinda hard, I feel some think its a Joke! ;) hehe!

Guest redfly

Hello Kristi

I am new to this idea of yours I have been in swaps of flies before but what are you trying to attempt a swap on fishing gear???

Guest ArticWolf
Chris...Gary mention this to me the other day..he has reels, fly line, all kinds of stuff that was given to him over the years that is still useable..and he thought it would attract a few members into doing a 'gear swap'...think this is what the lady is trying to do...as far as 'pay forward'...Chris check out that other site of rick's...it's in there ...you understand it better than me trying to explain....

Hi all, On another site we have members host fly swaps. So if 8 people offer to tie a fly for a Given Topic. Then those 8 members would send 9 flies into the host. The host then would distribute 8 of those flies from each member that have been tied back to the 8 members. So that you would receive one of each fly tied by the members involved. Does that make sense. hmmmm.

Yes Redfly and ArticWolf, this is an attempt to create a SWAP that is strictly fishing related .. here is what I had posted a couple months ago to get our community involved and the ball rolling .. there is also a link to better show what i am trying to do. Check it over and tell me what you think.. I'm pretty sure you boys know what I mean!

Here it is ... I know we could successfully execute something like this and benefit too. :catch: In the thread you can give up something you have no use/need for, if you gave up something you can take something of like value. And maybe bring our fractured Alberta fishing community together.

What do you think? *Remember this link is just an example of the idea I'm trying to promote*. "A JESTURE OF GOOD WILL" will help us to grow as a whole! ~Kristi :biggrinangelA:

http://forum.flybc.c...showtopic=34231

Yes I can see how.. I may be young but I do have the patience for it all to fall in place! Only time, my friend will pave this road! ;)

I'm not surprised that the 2 of you are members there too. It's all good ... that is where i got this beautiful idea from obviously! Great forum there at flycb.

Will try this again:

Had a full tanned deer hide given to me very nice fine hair. I have cut it up in verying sizes. Will trade for white zonker strips.

The other thing is if anyone has a Mole skin they don't want. We could make a very lucrative deal. Contact me here or at the club.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Guest ArticWolf

Posted ImageDennis...boy I was told you are one hell of a tier...but it seems you are a fossil when it comes to 'deer hair'...Posted ImagePosted Image...just foolin with you m8..the deer hair found in NA..is rather course than what comes from oversea...example..I Only use ..hair off the Roe Deer, [found in the UK], and waiting for a batch of hair that comes from a 'mungjack deer'...found in Wales..the hair from these deer are very fine, super to work with on any ..dries or nymphs...

But now if I am working on say 'Bombers'......then our deer hair is best...heavier,thicker...

Yes Redfly and ArticWolf, this is an attempt to create a SWAP that is strictly fishing related .. here is what I had posted a couple months ago to get our community involved and the ball rolling .. there is also a link to better show what i am trying to do. Check it over and tell me what you think.. I'm pretty sure you boys know what I mean!

Here it is ... I know we could successfully execute something like this and benefit too. :catch: In the thread you can give up something you have no use/need for, if you gave up something you can take something of like value. And maybe bring our fractured Alberta fishing community together.

What do you think? *Remember this link is just an example of the idea I'm trying to promote*. "A JESTURE OF GOOD WILL" will help us to grow as a whole! ~Kristi :biggrinangelA:

http://forum.flybc.c...showtopic=34231

My Safari cant open this page. hmmmmm, doesn't matter I am familiar with it as well.

Im sorry I just used the fastest way link it .. trying to write and parent err reff an argument between the littles LOL! at the same time can get a little hectic!! 8)

~kristi

with today's tech everyone uses something different. PC to Mac to mobile to Laptop is all different and I cant please everyone..

Thanks Dave for the tips hope they come in handy for those of you who have to use an alternative..

Again my bad.

OK who can pass this opp up!! :whoot: A great SWAP I have two bugs to trade for anything.. they are wonderful! I had one for 8 years and the other for six years. I named them Mia and Gabriel. they are versatile and can catch just about anything you tell them not too! :P:eek: . Any takers?? LOL!!

:whootwhoo:;)

~Kristi

Awe shuck's!! thats to bad.. lol!! i figured that they whoud be a great trade! They can find themselves just about anything... to stir a pot up with not only that thay are good helpers..

Are you sure Dennis?? ;) hehe

OK enough play for now back to business my bad! ;) .. We have several beautiful items pitched for our F/F swap

they are as follows:

- I have some natural Deer Hair to trade for white rabbit zonker strips. (very nice deer in varying size patches)

Kristi I think this is what you meant on this subject. It's a good Idea.

Tight Lines Always.

Dennis S

- 1 doz. locally tied Wooly Buggers - you pick the size and color

from Phlygirl

- Okuma Sierra 8/9 reel, if you need it.

Hardly even broken in; biggest fish was a 15 lbs pike.

From Rick jr

- I have some fly boxes that a generous club member donated..

From Kristi Young Grasshoppa

- And I'll toss in my handy work 1-2 doz of your choice of fly, keeping in mind materials and experience lol!

From Kristi

Posted ImageDennis...boy I was told you are one hell of a tier...but it seems you are a fossil when it comes to 'deer hair'...Posted ImagePosted Image...just foolin with you m8..the deer hair found in NA..is rather course than what comes from oversea...example..I Only use ..hair off the Roe Deer, [found in the UK], and waiting for a batch of hair that comes from a 'mungjack deer'...found in Wales..the hair from these deer are very fine, super to work with on any ..dries or nymphs...

But now if I am working on say 'Bombers'......then our deer hair is best...heavier,thicker...

Interesting...why then do you think Europeans are willing to pay twice as much to get NA deer hair? I don't think those guys tye too many Bombers or bass bugs. Do you ever use Caribou?

Interesting...why then do you think Europeans are willing to pay twice as much to get NA deer hair? I don't think those guys tye too many Bombers or bass bugs. Do you ever use Caribou?

Because they dont have NA Deer in Europe, just a thought. Same was said to me from a guy in Brazil about McCaw feathers. He said to then they are a pain and a common bird almost as bad as Sparrows in some areas. I guess it is a perspective and what your used to. ;)