Wading Safety

vince

I came across these two video's today on wading safety and I think they're worth watching...I know I learned a thing or two and as I've been know to take a dunk or two I thought I would share them.

and

Vince

PS : Terry, you may be interested in the video's ....remember when......

I came across these two video's today on wading safety and I think they're worth watching...I know I learned a thing or two and as I've been know to take a dunk or two I thought I would share them.

and

Vince

PS : Terry, you may be interested in the video's ....remember when......

Vince you should know better... The Southern Comfort is for after the fishing........ :coffeetime:

Dan

Hey Vince.

You wanna be our resident "Wading Expert"?

Seriously, it would be a good meeting topic you could present on.

Think about it.

After all you probably wouldn't want "Ranger Bobber", "Bobber Guidos" or "Dancer Southwick" to do it would you.

I could do it, but I'm a chicken when it comes to wading and would probably scare everybody half to death.

Dave

Edited by dave robinson

Dave

I'm far from being a wading expert and frankly I've been know to take a dunk in 4 inches of water which happened in a pretty little part of the Livingstone. I guess if your going to go for a dunk it might as well be in 4 inches of water. Funny... the first thing I do after a dunk is to quickly look around to see if anyone saw me and if they did I would simply curse at a rock for being in the wrong place at the right time and if no one saw me then I would just laugh and carry on.

While I'm not a chicken, when comes to wading, I am very much a cautious wader and never venture out higher than mid thigh and on very rare occasions and only when the water flow is slow do I ever venture up to crotch hieght. I always wear waist high waders so a minor slip from crotch height water will result in some wet underwear and I can tell you that the boys don't like being wet.

I do think that putting on a number of video's on wading safety would be a real benifit to our club members and if the executive wants I can put some video's together. We could also discuss the benifits of a wading staff, whistle, etc.

Vince

Vince and Dan,

Great videos! I think it would be an added benefit to have several wadding safety tutorials and or classes for the experienced and the "not so experienced" ;) it’s never too late or early to have the knowhow and the what to do, in a situation such as a slip, loss of balance, or having that darn rock in the way of your foot as you step out!.

Ha-ha! Looks like I’m going to have a busy schedule myself with my waiting for the beginner fly tying class; the casting class and now researching the do's and don'ts on wadding!

Well I look forward to it all and am very excited to see what this year has in store for us as a club!

~Kristi

All joke's aside , Vince I agree with you this is a very good topic for the club. Fishing safety should be number 1.

In the past , I've been known to wade out to the unknown in that frigid Red Deer water and I have taken a few dipps ( you know what I mean :coffeetime: ) . I watched a few of the videos , lotsa great info. :fish_jump:

DipperDan