Christmas Past

vince

Well, looks like another Christmas has come and gone. Had a great one with my kids and all of our grandkids...what a hoot.

Now, I thought I was a good boy this year but looks like I may have been bad at some point as there was no bamboo rod under the tree for me this year. Just how good does one have to be anyway.

Hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and lets all look forward to a great 2012

Vince

What you need to do is next time slip one under the tree for yourself and when you open it you can act surprised and say " my look what Santa left me." :clap::laugh: I'm pretty sure that will work. It seems I must have been a good boy as Santa brought lots of what was on my wish list. :monkey:

Here wishing everyone a Fantastic new year & great Fishing for 2012.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

What you need to do is next time slip one under the tree for yourself and when you open it you can act surprised and say " my look what Santa left me." :clap::laugh: I'm pretty sure that will work. It seems I must have been a good boy as Santa brought lots of what was on my wish list. :monkey:

Here wishing everyone a Fantastic new year & great Fishing for 2012.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

good idea Den,

but it wuld go over like a lead baloon in my house.

But i will have to say santa was good this year, plenty of gifts from the fly shops in Calgary.

as the temperature here is now 24 degrees, it is time for a cool one.

i hope all of you have a good winter see you in the spring

from sunny Califrnia

Most Ukrainians I know get a little upset when you call them perogies. According to my in-laws, pyrohy are Polish, and are made differently. The ones we're all familiar with are technically pedaheh. But I guess that's like trying to convince the average Albertan to stop calling Walleye "Pickerel".

Actually the boiled perogy is called varenyky , can be fried as well, and can be made with many different fillings. My favorite was potato and creamcheese filling with strawberries and cream,MMMMMM.man my mouth is watering now!!!!!

Dan

All this food talk; has given me ideas!!!, :P now I'm going try my hand at this traditional plate that we are all reading, writing and or salivating about. :eek:

It all sounds so good and yummy!

Catch ya all later tonight Ciao

~Kristi

Most Ukrainians I know get a little upset when you call them perogies. According to my in-laws, pyrohy are Polish, and are made differently. The ones we're all familiar with are technically pedaheh. ..............

I respectfully disagree. Pyrohy and varenyky are synonymous -- both yummy, but both the same thing. Pedaheh is not a term I've seen before, but if you've heard the proper pronunciation of pyrohy (I'll leave it to you DipperD to provide a lesson) you'll find that it sounds a lot like pedaheh. Anyway, here's a good source for information on this topic, complete with some recipe links.

http://ukraine-today.com/culture/food/food.shtml

Terry

Most Ukrainians I know get a little upset when you call them perogies. According to my in-laws, pyrohy are Polish, and are made differently. The ones we're all familiar with are technically pedaheh. ..............

I respectfully disagree. Pyrohy and varenyky are synonymous -- both yummy, but both the same thing. Pedaheh is not a term I've seen before, but if you've heard the proper pronunciation of pyrohy (I'll leave it to you DipperD to provide a lesson) you'll find that it sounds a lot like pedaheh. Anyway, here's a good source for information on this topic, complete with some recipe links.

http://ukraine-today.com/culture/food/food.shtml

Terry

Thanks for the link Terry , I like the Horilka for the start of each course , Pisco will do very well, do you agree? And I do agree Marchyshyn's Ham Sausage Is The Best, the Loin Sausage is only made for Christmas and Easter, and you have to get there early or you miss out.

Regarding the pyrohy , made by one of my Sister- inlaws ( which still lives in eastern Ukraine ) makes them fresh in the morning, with a much drier dough mix , and is AWSOME ( light and small ) . Now , the pyrohy my Sister- inlaw in Saskatchewan makes , the dough is more moist which she likes, (rolling is easier, she`s done both ways), not quite as good , but is still very good.... I love Christmas, I thinks I may just make some Kutya for this Saturday..

Well as before ,,, Khrystos Rodyvsia e Shchaslyvoho Novoho Roku

Dan

Pay Zdorovya.....

Dan