Juior

Don Andersen

Don

Thanks for the link...I'm sure all of our club members will get a kick out of viewing it. I hit upon the Oyster site about a year ago while doing some research on bamboo rods and found the site as well as viewing the short film to be very interesting and no I won't be doing the test on any of my rods any time soon.

Vince

Don

You're right about there being a lot of U Tube BS out there but as the guys were from Oyster I figured it was for real. Comforting to know that if I ever used a nymph with a bamboo rod that the bamboo rod would be safe. Now all I have to do is win the rod but of greater importance is actually getting around to using a nymph....I carry them but don't much use them....I know it's a failing but what's wrong with that.

Vince

That is certainly impressive, but that's not what I meant when I said it would sting more. I'm well aware of the amazing properties of bamboo, and I fully understand your defensive attitude.

What I meant was- a decent graphite rod can be had for as little as $250, but a decent bamboo rod will cost what, 4 times as much? Heck some people just hang them on their wall because they're "too nice to fish". Rest assured, I am not one of those people; if I'm ever lucky enough to own one of your rods, I'm going to do my level best to wear it out.