Where To Fish?

Steven

I was planning on going fishing this week but not sure wear might be a good place to try . I've been hearing lots of mixed reports on lots of the pot hole trout lakes west of edmonton being winterkilled and don't know what to believe. So if anyone has any knowledge or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steven

I was planning on going fishing this week but not sure wear might be a good place to try . I've been hearing lots of mixed reports on lots of the pot hole trout lakes west of edmonton being winterkilled and don't know what to believe. So if anyone has any knowledge or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Steven

central Alberta Creeks. Red River will open on Friday. A buddy of mine has been fishing Mitchell and a couple of others in that neighbourhood for the last week with good success.

Steven, don't believe evrything you hear. Every year some folks ring a bunch of alarm bells that the trout lakes have winterkilled. Then we go fishing and find out they were wrong. A couple dead fish near shore does not constitute a winterkilled lake. I'm getting ready for my wedding, so I haven't had a chance to check it out, but I'm sure that Star, East Pit, and Muir are fine. Even in the worst winterkill years, those lakes have good survival rates.

The 22nd, this Sunday. Then off to Haida Gwaii for two weeks. I can't wait to try beach fishing. I've spoken with a couple guides and shop owners out that way, and they say I have chosen a great time and place for sea-run cutties. I still need to tie a bunch of flies on stainless hooks, and I was thinking this would be the perfect chance to really give tube flies a go. Fortunately, I just received a care package from Stu Thompson with a few dozen DDH Leeches tied on stainless, so that's a big help. How's that for honeymoon planning? I think my priorities are lined up okay.

I've been getting ready for a wedding. What's your excuse, buddy?