I Love To Fish For Graying

dipperdan

Dan I Dito your remark. Not sure what it is but this too, is my favourite fish.

This is a great endevour by our club. This survey will help determine if the Pembina River area Garyling has collapsed and what we can do to sustain it if at all.

I also hope this survey will help determine what we need to do to protect and create stabilty in the remainder of the province's Grayling populations & rivers.

Tight lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

• 4 weeks later...

Well Dan you picked a great time to ask your question. First last nights meeting put the finishing touches to the project. We have the Clubs vote to move ahead with this project. Both as a club and monataraly.

Still not sure when the start date is going to be as of yet. I think Jim is waiting until the grayling symposium is over next week. then plans well be more firmed up. Please don't quote me 100% Jim would like to get started shortly after open day which is June 16.

As you are, I can not wait to get started. This is a very worth while project. It's nice to think the Northern Lights Fly Tyers could be on the leading edge of helping our dwindling Grayling populations here in Ab.

We will keep all up to date on this forum

I would like to thank all at the club last night for the lively discussion and getting everyones concerns out in the open.

Come on out and help it's not often that you can work and fun at the same time.

I'm hoping to sample some early Grayling fishing next week on the Little Smoky as it open yesterday.

Tight Lines Always

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I noticed the article on the Grayling survey and I think it's a fantastic idea.

I'm very interested in being involved, assuming the 30 volunteer spots haven't already been filled. Anywhere I can find out more information about the study?

Cheers.

Bopset PM me I will need name and contact info then I will forward to our coordinator. We should be having a meeting in the next little bit to kick things off. Now that the Grayling Symposium is done we can put more energy into the survey.

It should be a good time. This way we are doing something to help our Grayling populations and we get to do our favourite past time. Fishing.

Tight Lines Always

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dennis, Greg here, are there any spots left on the survey? I've posted Mica about partnering up with him for it and he wants details.

Mica, Greg

are you still interested? We are planning a kickoff meeting Wednesday July 20 for those that couldn't make it out for the first one.

ken