Jan 27th Meeting

dipperdan

Indeed - a great welcome to Carl - thank you!

He sets a great tone for this year folks. Everyone has something to offer! Don't wait for toastmasters, present something you've worked with and give a little back to your club!

Bootlace Stone Fly Material List:

1 1/2" bootlace-woven outer shell over nylon core is best

Crystal Flash Pearl 2 or 3 strands

#8 hopper hook

Elk hair

Rubber legs

2mm closed cell foam dark brown/black for the bullet head and a bright colour for an indicator

Brown Thread 6/0

post-1692-1264714471_thumb.jpg

Barry Whites Burlap Golden Stone Nymph Materials List:

#8 limmerick hook

Burlap dyed yellow (body and wing case & red (tag)

6 " of .30" lead wire wrapped double over thorax

Yellow Thread 6/0

Yellow Goose biots

Brown or speckled wet hackle

post-1692-1264715189_thumb.jpg

Woven Stonefly Nymph Materials List:

#8 curved nymph hook

Embordery thread- darker colour for top lighter for bottom-3 strands on each side woven "overrhand knot" on hook

3 - 1" strips of .30 lead wire tied on both sides of shaft and on top for the keel wieght

Brown goose biots-tail and feelers (sorry forgot the fancy name already)

Biots & wire legs-brown goose biots glued to end of fine wire then dipped in flex cement

Brown raffia for wing case-used wing burner to shape the wing cases in the demo, picture was taken before I got the wing burners

Brown or black thread 6/0

post-1692-1264715432_thumb.jpg

Carl

I very much enjoyed your 3 fly tye last night...good job on the presentation and not one heckle...go figure.

Vince

It's tough enough to get new patterns never mind new people to tie. Speaking of which , VINNY when are you gonna show us your go to Pattern? :whootwhoo::fish_jump:

Dan

It's tough enough to get new patterns never mind new people to tie. :fish_jump:

Dan

Sharing new techniques and even old school methods (like deer hair spinning) are always great too. I recently got a DVD from a friend Don Ordes for Christmas that I am reviewing for his website. The DVD has been 8 years in the making and he is currently working on a 2nd follow-up DVD here in the next 6 months.

Perhaps once I have mastered the technique myself I may show it off to you all... when you are ready for it. Mind blowing it is. :)

This technique does not use split thread, loops, wire, nor does it involve a dubbing spinner, and you can dub hackle and fur at the same time. Try and wrap your head around that one now.

"Rope Dubbing With Don Ordes"

http://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/Rope-Dubb...es-P2290C0.aspx

More Info on VFB:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vfb-mail@googl...m/msg05455.html

PS - I highly encourage the club to get this one for the library... or schedule a popcorn movie night (Pauline got your ears on).. and I'll bring mine out to share with the club on the projector.