Leeches, Lures, Or Streamers?

milelongleblanc

Thanks, Dennis! If I am able, I will try to make it on the 11th of November. My schedule isn't certain yet and I'll likely be traveling to Fort McMurray at some point during that week. But it would be great to meet you and the others here!

Ian

Ian, it's not that I was snubbing you, but the reason I wrote "Brian" is because I was addressing the comment made by Brian Bleakley, our programs director, who's handle on the board is canadagrey. And the "everyone knows" comment was a joke. I guess I should start using emoticons.

It's funny you used your dog's hair. I took a good look at my dog, a husky cross, who has some beautiful 6-8" tail fur, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to disfigure him. Not saying you did. Huskies don't need trims, and even a small clump would take a long time to grow back. And what if I, and/or the fish, really liked it? My poor dog would look pretty funny with a bald tail.

BTW, happy birthday!

Rick

I suppose if the fish had been partying all night it could be considered "The Hair of the Dog" fly.

Or maybe there's a Humprey Bogart connection to feathers off a Maltese Falcon.

Or, as the Brits put it, "Fish are just barking mad".

I 'd go with the latter.

Ofh yeah, and don't feel bad about trimming your dog.

Some take scissors to the cat.

Right Dennis?

Imagine that...A whoop whoop Fly! ;)

Edited by dave robinson

Ian, it's not that I was snubbing you, but the reason I wrote "Brian" is because I was addressing the comment made by Brian Bleakley, our programs director, who's handle on the board is canadagrey. And the "everyone knows" comment was a joke. I guess I should start using emoticons.

It's funny you used your dog's hair. I took a good look at my dog, a husky cross, who has some beautiful 6-8" tail fur, but in the end I couldn't bring myself to disfigure him. Not saying you did. Huskies don't need trims, and even a small clump would take a long time to grow back. And what if I, and/or the fish, really liked it? My poor dog would look pretty funny with a bald tail.

BTW, happy birthday!

Rick

Hey Rick,

I didn't take it as a snub! I was just using my dry Irish sense of humor... and sometimes I guess it does not translate well into the written word as much as it would in the verbal word! :)

Sorry about the mistake about who you were addressing.

Another dog's fur I've used is the undercoat of a Yellow Labrador, for dubbing. Works well and the colour is very nice!

Thank you for the birthday wishes too.

Ian

I suppose if the fish had been partying all night it could be considered "The Hair of the Dog" fly.

Or maybe there's a Humprey Bogart connection to feathers off a Maltese Falcon.

Actually, I called it "The Malteser." :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting discussion.... Dave...It looks like a red perch.

:fish_jump::kicks:

Woolly

ps

Waiting with anticipation to meet you Ian. Sounds like you'll fit right in wth the rest of the madd westerners here.