Swan Lake

Dragon Troller

Myself, Tuber and Stonedragon(sp?) are heading up to Swan on Friday night, Tuber and I are there until Tuesday.

Weather is supposed to be a bit chilly but the fishing may make it bearable.

We will let you know how the trip was when we return.

If you happen to be there and see us on the water say hi, we will be in our blue Scadden pontoons.

Myself, Tuber and Stonedragon(sp?) are heading up to Swan on Friday night, Tuber and I are there until Tuesday.

Weather is supposed to be a bit chilly but the fishing may make it bearable.

We will let you know how the trip was when we return.

If you happen to be there and see us on the water say hi, we will be in our blue Scadden pontoons.

Well, I hope you've got small camping units 'cause that parking lot is getting full! Was there today and got blown off by 2' swells but the "boys" yesterday had a heyday on floating backswimmer patterns!

No problems with getting a spot when we rolled in at 11:30 Friday night ;^)

Had a blast - backswimmers were working okay - but the real ticket it seemed was a mink leech pattern...

Don Anderson had a version that was doing really fine, and I tied up a variation that was more like a rabbit zonker - cast it out, slow strip, pause, wham!

I think my version was probably more durable - sorry Don ;^)

My biggest of the trip was a 29" fish - was probably 8-9 lbs. Had many others between 20 and 24", but the average seemed to be in the 18 to 20" range. Just a few fish under 18 - smallest being around 14"

Was interesting on the water when the wind storm hit - my 'toon handled the swells and whitecaps admirably, although my back and arms were a little tired, even with the motor on full, had to row hard against the wind to get to shore.

Was definitely a good time - just have a few fish pics that I'll post up later tonight!

As promised:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by tuber

No problems with getting a spot when we rolled in at 11:30 Friday night ;^)

Had a blast - backswimmers were working okay - but the real ticket it seemed was a mink leech pattern...

Don Anderson had a version that was doing really fine, and I tied up a variation that was more like a rabbit zonker - cast it out, slow strip, pause, wham!

I think my version was probably more durable - sorry Don ;^)

My biggest of the trip was a 29" fish - was probably 8-9 lbs. Had many others between 20 and 24", but the average seemed to be in the 18 to 20" range. Just a few fish under 18 - smallest being around 14"

Was interesting on the water when the wind storm hit - my 'toon handled the swells and whitecaps admirably, although my back and arms were a little tired, even with the motor on full, had to row hard against the wind to get to shore.

Was definitely a good time - just have a few fish pics that I'll post up later tonight!

I had full intentions of popping up on Saturday to visit with Don and fish with y'all but when I saw that wind I reconsidered. I was there Thursday and my arms and shoulders are still aching.......wish it could've been caused by big fish and not galeforce winds!

Its was certainly a good time, and there was a good bunch of people at camp and on the lake.

Saturdays winds were fun,

Thanks to Don for his help with my Dads cane rod, It was used for the first time this weekend and and I landed a few fish on it, biggest on the cane was 20", caught a few more on the cane with of my Dads flies as well. :vdaylove:

My bigbest this trip was 24" but I lost one that was bigger on day one.

Fishing was very good.

• 2 weeks later...