Vote (vince) For Iron Fly Tyer

canadagrey

Iron Fly Tyer 2009  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Whom should be the next on the hot seat?

• Vince
    • Dave Taylor
    • Brian B.
    • MilelongLeblanc
    • Paulfffff
    • Barry Wright
    • Chairman Dave (Taste of Own Medicine)
    • Brian D.
    • Scratch

Boys & Girls

My thanks to all for the Iron Fly Tyer votes and my apologies to all for not attending. Not to make excuses but I do have one…Monday night felt very ill….woke up Tuesday feeling worse and somehow managed to trip and stumble and in the process did quite a job on my face…blood everywhere. Felt terrible the rest of the week…in fact I think I slept the whole week and am now getting back into the swing of things.

Congratulations to Rick on the win and perhaps we can now hear from Dissertation Dave as to why he came in First Last.

Now to correct a few jabs that were thrown my way:

Terry – No Velcro straps yet but I’m thinking they are not too far down the road. Funny thing…we start off in our youth with Velcro and in our old age end up with Velcro. Lets see now….works the same with diapers doesn’t it.

Dave – You are quite right in saying that I’ve not fished sub surface for 6 hours in my life. Truth be told I think I’ve put in about a half hour or so but this will be the year that I do give the nymph a good go.

Tuber & CanadaGrey – If tickets could be sold with proceeds going to the club then I’m in. Let the games begin.

I’ll end with one of my favorite sayings- Boys & Girls….Go Dry or Go Home

Vince

Vince:

My compliments to you for being such a good sport with all this banter.

If you weren't such a fine fellow, I'm sure we would have given up long ago.

I truely missed the opportunity for you to hear my cheap shots at the Iron Fly Tyer.

(something about pulling an "Italian Army" on us and beating a hasty retreat?)

Anyway, I'm sure you understand that with this group, the measure of affection

and respect, is how often you get beat up by witticisms from the bleachers.

We dont' say this often enough I fear, but thanks for being a good dude and fine friend.

Now if we can only wean you from your addicition to CFF's and other drys

and put some more sophisitcated ammo into your arsenal,

who knows, we might even drop the references to the Sicillian Mafia

(not).

Dave R

Edited by dave robinson

Dave

Banter is good and one has to be able to take it as well as to give it and Lord knows I do give it.

I've carried nymphs for many many years and all of them are in brand new condition and one day I may pull them out and tye one on but darn it anyway flyfishing with the dry is just so much fun its hard to put on a nymph and follow a bright orange bobber. Now don't get me wrong I do fish sub-surface but with streamers which is my second best way to fly fish. One day for sure...hell, Terry once saw me nymph fish.

See you Wed. night.

Vince

Actually I saw Vince go to his nymph box once and when he opened it up as he said they were so old they had turned into dries (moths) that is. The fur had melted right off the hooks. & dust everywhere. :laugh:

Vince keep fishing dry 90% of the fish are caught subsurface. <_<:thumbup:

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

.................Now don't get me wrong I do fish sub-surface but with streamers which is my second best way to fly fish. One day for sure...hell, Terry once saw me nymph fish.............Vince

Vince, sorry to hear about your problems last week -- hope everthing is back to normal. Now, to the matter at hand -- yes everyone, Vince has indeed gone nymphing, and it has been recorded for posterity. Here's the proof. Terry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Terry

I knew for sure that you would come through for me...proof positive that I have nymphed. I was so consumed with the thought of actually putting on weight and indicator (bobber) on my leader that I just had to turn away and ask forgiveness prior to laying line on water. The prayer of forgiveness went something like this " To the God's of all flowing water please forgive me for what I am about to do for I know not of what has come over me".

In the second photo I'm actually thinking "what the hell am I doing throwing weight on this beautiful piece of water". So, indeed for about the next 3 minutes I did nymph. Hey, 3 minutes is still 3 minutes and combine it with the 6 minutes the year before now gives me a grand total of 9 minutes.

Terry, all kidding aside I still remember that day as my son Paul was with us that day....what a great day we had....thanks buddy.

Chat soon.

Vince

Terry I think Vince paid you off on that one. I don't see no strike indecator not only that I don't think Vince is even fly fishing there. To me it looks like he fishing his usual way with spinning rod and crank bait.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

Boys, Boys, Boys

Nope, not Vince's Creek and for now we'll just call it Terry's Creek. Beautiful water...got to go back this year.

Paul, you just cannot beat sitting by a beautiful stream with a can of anchovies, good Italian bread, some cheese, with a slice or two of salami and all of the above washed down with a cold one. Then again, after a great day of fishing nothing beats sitting on a porch eating the same and washing it down with multiple cold ones...eh Terry.

Vince

.............after a great day of fishing nothing beats sitting on a porch eating the same and washing it down with multiple cold ones...eh Terry. Vince

You got that right. Mmmmmmmmm, anchovies and beer, a combo from heaven.

Changing the subject, forecast is for +12C today -- guess I'll have to put down the tools and go fish the Crow. Vince, if you jump in the jeep right now, you could join me on the river by 2:30PM (don't forget to bring your nymph box). :fishing: :lol: :fishing: Terry