Red Deer River

Paulf

Heading out to fish the Red Deer River on Monday. Leave early. Meet at Humptys at Ellerslie Road at 6:30 AM. Maybe stop for something to eat in Slyvan Lake. Should be on the water by 9:30 am. Fish for Rockies or maybe even tie into a nice brown.

Thanks

Paul F

Back from a good day on the Red Deer River. First I tried up at the dam itself, near the buoys. Saw lots of whites, only one bump. Went to the fast water just down stream, could not keep them off. The prince and pheasant tail, both with orange butt, were working fine.

Tried it further down stream, a couple of hits, but no landing success. Walked back upstream, caught a few where they always load up water. This is where I caught the biggest fish of the day, a +/- 20". Saw a few browns, but that is all it was. When I reacted to seeing them, they flew the coup.

Then tried the section down at RR20. Had success there as well. All whites were huge in this area. Nothing smaller than 15". Lots of fish rising, could not tell what they were feeding on.

I was on the water by 8:30 and off the water by 3:30. Fun day, good ole Red Deer River.

Thats it for now

Paulf

So there's rockie in them thare hills eh paul. :clap:

I see you had to go out as soon as the season opened. :)

Did ti kinda look like this photo?

You shoulda come to Dolbreg though.

What we didn't get in size, we made up for in numbers.

:fishy::fishy::fishy:

There were tons of little 8 inchers and more new stock shakers still with par marks.

That's not to say we didin't land the odd lunker.

Check out the photo that Scratch posted.

The bobber pool is easy to find and/or see. Just look for the big slippery rock with skid marks. LOL

With all the slime in the river, it does make for a treacherous walk. Careful foot placement is required.

Until the next plunge

Paulf