Is It - Could It Be ? Happy Birthday!

Pauline

...happy belated birthday Dave... :kicks::kicks::kicks: ...

...you're not really considered an old fart until you can at least answer half of the following questions...

Quiz for "OLD FARTS"

1. When the group "The Beatles" first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on "The____________Show.

2."Get your kicks,__________."

3. After the lone ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful people would ask, "Who was that masked man?"

Somenone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?__________________

4."The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed_____________."

5. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, _________________."

6. After "the twist", "the mashed potato", and "the watusi", we danced under a stick that was lowerewd as low as we could go in a dance called the ____.

7. "NESTLES", nestles make the very best ____________.

8. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?_____________.

9. Red Skelton's hobo character was named___________and Red always ended his shows by saying, "Good night and ______________."

10. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it also go by? __________&_________.

11. In 1971, singer Don Maclean sang a song about, "The day the music died". This was a tribute to ____________.

12. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that was twirled around our waist. It was called the _____________.

Answers will be posted next Friday.

It will be surprising to find out just how many old farts there is out there.

Why wait 'till next Friday? For a real old f@rt, those were too easy.

Here's the answers and some supplementry questons for the "real" old f@rts

1. The Ed Sullivan Show (also known as the reealy big shoe. What did Edger Bergen do on it, what is his daughter’s name and who the heck is Topogigio?)

2. On Route 66 (the original “road show”. Name the two charaters and the car they drove)

3. A silver bullet (What did he say as he rode off into the sunset and who went with him? And while your’e at it name Roy Roger’s sidekick.)

4. To protect the innocent (dum-da-dum-dum dum! What was the detective’s name?)

5. The lion sleeps tonight (So sing the chorus “A ……?”)

6. The limbo (How low can you go! Who else made Caribbean songs popular?)

7. Chocolate (A dig a Hershey. Anybody know the real story behind Hershey?)

8. A Timex (accompanied by what kind of “tests”)

9. Freddy the Freeloader and “God Bless” (Name the two pigeons in one of his other sketches)

10. The Beatle and Hitler’s Revenge (Where and when were they last made? Name the convertible version.)

11. Buddy Holley (If he was the “father” who were the "son" and "holy ghost”?)

12. Hula Hoop (Replacing the Yoyo as America’s top toy. Who was a Yoyo king before becoming a folk music and TV star)

...Dave, the quiz was for old farts, not really old farts :whootwhoo:... :wave_smile::whootwhoo::wave_smile:

...and the answer I had for #10 was beetle and bug...

...I know I'm not a really old fart as I cannot answer some of your add on questions, but I could have answered some of the old fart questions...and I'm not even old yet ;)...

Thank you, Dave. You saved me from "Really Old Fart" status. I can only answer a third of your questions. But I'm only 32, and I scored eleven and a half out of twelve on Paul's quiz. That got me thinking; I work in a tackle shop, which in my books basically means I'm semi-retired. Do you think I qualify for "Honorary Old Fart" status?

Rick

Holy crapola dude's...doesn't anybody work for a living anymore. All post after Paul's were done on what I would consider company time. I got to get a job like the rest of you guys so I can post during the day. :rolleyes: I have my CV ready...just need an address.

Rick...by the powers invested in me I now pronounce you "an old fart".

Vince