Muir Lake

dipperdan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaawwwn. Counter is fixed on main page... but yah... who's counting. ;)

Muir Countdown

Muir Lake Opens On:

May 1, 2009

Is open in just 65 days

2 hours 28 minutes.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

Muir Lake (30, 31-53-27-W4)

May 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 1 over 50 cm; Bait Ban.

Nov. 1 to Apr. 30 – CLOSED

PS - DAN, I THINK YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK AGAIN! AND THERE ARE NO PICS POSTED HERE YET!? :vikinjg::

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you want it dredged? Dredging isn't just as simple as digging a dugout, studies re insect and botanical effects etc. have to be done. Then any fill etc. has to be washed, costs would be absolutely prohibitive.

:fish_jump:

No worries, with all the bugs gone, I am shore the trout would have their fill of marshmallows in no time... also absolutely prohibitive. :devil:

PS - Just buy a pontoon boat with a dredge, and go out on a certain Midnight Rendevous... in just 50 days.

post-65-1236818364_thumb.jpg

A dredge is not a backhoe, but a pump, it sucks the mud of one portion of the pond and create a large hole in that area. Pumping into the beaver pond, would recycle the water and all aquatic life.

All permits and licensing would be arranged by the company doing the dredging.

Only 45 more days to go... and a "blast from the past" for those that are "still around" and remember how this initial thread got started here.

Posted Image

P.S. - Sorry, I missed posting 46 yesterday. Dave, erm "Boy Wonder", what happened to your Avatar today? Is it your Birthday?

Posted Image

P.M.S. - Man, how my "photoshop" skills have improved since then. Been awhile since we had a good "Shop War" around here.

http://ranger-bob.net/?p=1037

lol! Sat down and watched that too - with my son - although he was distracted by addictingames - he liked the sub and the batmobile though

Wait a sec - the Penguin looks familiar...

post-293-1237269544_thumb.jpg

Ray, funny but afterward I spotted "Boy Wonder" and "Dock Man" at Muir today.. with a can of "Poacher Repellant" and a tow line. Apparently, some dude was out there trying his MinnKota a little earlier then he was supposed to be.

Where's "Wonder Woman" when you need her eh?

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

The Water levels have been dropping for the last few years. The dock that was placed a few years back was in the water , with water foot or two above the barrel ,( in about 3-4 ft in the water )

Now the water is ( AT the bottom of the support barrel , which is sitting on the bottom of the lake, ( in about 6" of water. )

So I'm guessing the water levels have dropped at least a foot a year, the shore line is 8 ft. out from where it was when we first stocked the lake. Other bodies of water in the area are also low.

DAN

So what are you trying to tell me, dipperdan, that back in the good ol' days you could fish Muir all the way into August before the weeds choked you out?

We've had alot of snow this year, more so as spring approaches. If it keeps up, who knows, water levels may just...Sorry, knocking on wood right now.

Rick

So what are you trying to tell me, dipperdan, that back in the good ol' days you could fish Muir all the way into August before the weeds choked you out?

We've had alot of snow this year, more so as spring approaches. If it keeps up, who knows, water levels may just...Sorry, knocking on wood right now.

Rick

We can only HOPE!!!! I've had some fun fishing that pond!

The weeds didn't really bother me that much, when the water temps heated up I didn't fish it ( I don't like to stress the fish )

My two cents, I HOPE they don't stock more fish this year. I don't think it is worth the cost if they won't survive.

Water depth was aprox 20ft when first stocked , I'm thinking it's like 15 ft now and by this fall, :vikinjg:: it could be luckey 13 ft, if we don't get any moisture. Chickakoo ? is also down quite abit.....

Dan

Yeah, it's kinda scary to look at the "high water mark" at Chickakoo. I'd say it's down about 8 feet. 6 for sure. I think we might lose a few trout lakes here soon if it keeps up. Winterkill is one thing, but if the fish can't make it through the summer it's not much of a put-and-take. Maybe SRD will adopt a new policy of diverting water from the oil and gas industry. Bets?

Rick