Sad News

Dragon Troller

It is with great sadness that I must announce the death of my father.

Mr. Reginald G. Denny of Edmonton passed away on Saturday November 22, 2008 at the age of 79.

He is survived by his loving family; wife Bernice of 53 years; 5 children, Ian (Debbie), Lyle, Kara (Ralph), Jed (Melanie) and Shan (Candy); 8 grandchildren, Shaun, Scott, Jacqueline, Amanda, William, Ryan, Kylen and Ayden; 1 sister Shirley (Bryce); as well numerous other family and friends.

A Memorial Service will be held on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM at the Evergreen Funeral Chapel, 16204 Fort Road, Edmonton.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Alberta Heart and Stroke Foundation or the Alberta Foundation for Diabetes research.

My Dad was well known to many Alberta fly anglers and tyers and many who frequent this board may have known him.

May he rest in peace.

Very sorry for the loss to you, Will and your entire family. I never actually knew your dad but I sure knew of him. I spent many days in his old fly shop and more than a few hours at the vise tying up some of his patterns. Your dad and your family will be in our prayers.

Doc

Shan - We are sorry to hear this sad news indeed.

We enjoyed talking with your dad at his shop and it was thanks

to him that I got started in fly tying. I enoyed his classes in

the shop very much.

He was indeed a special person, who was well respected.

We are saddened to learn of your loss.

Our condolences go out to your mom and all your family.

We know how difficult this must be for you.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Pauline and Frank

Shan:

My family and I add our condolences to those of the fly tying and fishing family of all of Alberta. Our prayers are with you at this time.

Dave (Woolly) Murray

Shan, my condolences to you and your family. I spent many hours wandering around in your dad's shop -- it was a truly wonderful and memorable place and he contributed so much to Edmonton's and Alberta's fly fishing community. Terry

Our sincerest condolences to the Denny families. Our thoughts are with you, particularly today as you say goodbye. His contributions to the fly fishing and tying community, not only in Edmonton, but throughout Western Canada and United States were huge and you must be so proud. More importantly, he was a good husband, father, grandfather and friend to many. He will be missed.

Reg was a true gentle soul. Given his great knowledge and ability, his humility was so admirable. One really had to listen to hear the nuggets of fishing and tying knowledge that he planted during his tying courses and conversations.

We were so privileged to be tutored by Reg in his courses, not only at the shop, but at the FFF conclave. On days when fishing is slow, we still find ourselves searching our memories for little gems of info dropped in passing during conversations with Reg, and generally, if we search long and hard, we'll pull out one of his patterns from the corner of a box and begin catching fish.

He's up there catching the big ones...

ann & phil cadrin