Ff@/canff@/nlft&f Alberta Conclave 2008

RangerBob

Cutties are generally willing fish -- more so than rainbows, but they're not stupid. Some days you do have to work to get the big boys. They're beautiful fish, and you'll have fun, I guarantee that.

Terry

I stopped giving out 'fish guarantees', but it will be my mission to pop Scratch's Cherry on Cutts.. even if he has to play one in on my line. :)

Aye. The fish are there, our job as fishers is to figure them out. Anyways, done my grocery run.. now.. to fill up the Jeep. That won't take me long, it

don't have a lotta room.

Jim and I plan to be out there on Wednesday by 1:00 PM at the latest to set up base camp and post the appropriate blinding signage. With Tom not around to fulfill this important duty I will do my best to try and fill his shoes and make it colorful for the visually impaired.. or soon to become there after. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm shore you'll find us. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, appropriate sigange is constructed.. my Jeep is gassed, dishes washed.. just need to load stuff now. I will be headed out at 8 AM so should be there by 1 bells.

Rumor has it Mikey D has already set up squatters rights today to the rear of the campground (sites nearest the creek). So look for the bearded gnome with a bamboo rod... a flask of magic go juice... and cozy up beside him.

We'll see you there!

N49 54.173 W114 23.498

I stopped giving out 'fish guarantees', but it will be my mission to pop Scratch's Cherry on Cutts.. even if he has to play one in on my line. :)

It's like he's a freakin psychic.... My first ever cutty - on his rod and line, after I hooked a treefish and the ranger handed me his rod and said "Go catch that fish...."

So I did.

Thanks for the Klave. TNLNGT.

A big thanks goes out to Jim & Lance for their hard work and organizing this event. It went very will. Brenda & I had a great time. Fantastic food at the pot luck on Sat. Lances corn Fritters were very good.

Thanks Jim for showing us one of your secert fishing holes on the Livingstone. Lots of Cutts caught.

Mike Dell & I had a good time on Dutch creek and looking forward getting together again Good time Mike.

Lots of Scotch drank along with other assorted drinks.

Scratch hope the tire is still holding out.

The Tom Fry swap went great and lots of neat patterns were presented

Thanks to Tom's wife Rose for allow each swappester to take on on Tom's flies.

Looking forward to next year.

Again Guys great job putting this together.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

I also want to add my "thank you" to Lance and Jim for all they did in setting this up. Even though I wasn't able to attend the main events, having the opportunity to fish new waters and learning to fish these streams was invaluable. Extra thanks to Jim and Mike D. for spending some extra time with me Friday, making sure I caught my first few cutties. What beautiful country and good company.

Hank

Where are the pictures?????????????? :vikinjg:::vikinjg::

Terry

I was about to blast you - and then I realized - you're not Dipper Dan!

You know that what happens at Klaves, stays at Klaves....

;)

I was about to blast you - and then I realized - you're not Dipper Dan!..........

For sure I'm not DipperDan, but we do share a taste for pisco. :lol:

You know that what happens at Klaves, stays at Klaves....;)

Agree for sure. However, it's fishy pictures I want to see. You guys did go fishing, right? Terry

Thanks to RB and Jim for organizing this yearly event, my first time to attend this year. Well done guys :drinked: :drinked: Thanks also to Dipper Dan for being my mentor on this new stream and catching my first river cutty. But I'll have to make sure to check the batteries of my camera next time. No pictures of the big one!!! :vikinjg:: :vikinjg:: :vikinjg::

Agree for sure. However, it's fishy pictures I want to see. You guys did go fishing, right? Terry

You know - I took only a few photos - having lost my charger enroute. Many of the photos are available on my photo site, and Lances...

http://flickr.com/photos/scratch/sets/72157606804364660/

and

http://flickr.com/photos/rangerbob/sets/72157606356702883/