Wednesday April 2, 2008

RangerBob

Iron Fly Tyer: Vacant (Has Alex DelHiero moved yet?)

Challengers: To BE Decided

Patterns: Dry fly, Wet fly and Nymph

Hook: Dry #12, Wet #8, Nymph #10

Material: Surprise!

Format: The competitors will use their own materials and equipment to construct at least three flys in a one-hour time frame. A special “surprise” material will be given out at the start of tying that the participants will have to incorporate it into each fly. The flys will be judged on: Appearance, Tying Techniques, Originality, Best Use of Mystery Material and Potential Catching Ability. The winner earns the coveted title of “Iron Fly Tyer” until the next competition.

Comments: Chairman Robinson-Kaga will host this annual (mostly) event to put our club's finest tyers to the ultimate test. Unknown materials and tight timeline could mean a brilliant

finish, or a tyer going down in flames. Three competitors will test their tying skill against each other in a trio of patterns. Come prepared to be amazed (and to heckle). With the title

open due to Alex leaving town, who will stand the test of fire and become the next IRON FLY TYER?

I had a great time. Being runner up to Barry to me is being a winner :clap: . When your under a time limit sure makes for a whole lot of perassure that one is not use too. Sweat was just a drippen. :eek::laugh:

Scratch I understand that Alex my have picked up my glasses could you get him to call me at work (482-1595)so I can make arrangements to pick them up. Or he can pm me

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :fishing::fish_jump:

RangerBob

Thanks for the link to the pictures you took of the Iron Fly Tyer...good job. My hat is off to the Dennis, Alex and Barry for a job well done...got to be a bit hairy working with a bunch of loose canon's walking about and being under the gun for time. Thanks to the judges and to Chairman KaKa for his work.

Just a note that the link to Barry's site comes up as a bad gateway.

Vince

Just think Vince.. that could be you sitting up there one day.. forced to tye a nymph before a discerning crowd.

Oh yeah.. I fixed the broken link code in Scratch's post above.. so it will work now. :)

RB

PS - Dennis got it right... Hell's Kitchen indeed.

RangerBob

Just followed the link to Barry's site and I got to say it looks very cool but parts of it are not working.

Vince

Can you elaborate? Which parts?

those darn flux capacitors!

(The site seemed to be working fine for me last night.)

??? Can't tell what the issue might be for you. I assume you mean the tab that says 'packages'...

What browser are you using and what version (should tell you in the HELP -> ABOUT screen.)

RangerBob

Still not working for me. If I click on the tab for rates I get taken to Barry's picture and some wordage but I can not scroll down to read the rest. Not sure if its me or?

Vince

The wordage says....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rangerbob/238...57604362694420/

Aye.. a classic PEBKAC if ever I seen one. :)

Sorry.. I don't maintain Barry's website if that's where your problem exists. Scratch built that for him. However, I can see the rate page just fine in my Firefox though below.. and I suspect they'll go up now that he won this prodigious award - so you best book soon.

http://www.bowriver.com/rates.php